Randy Blythe arrested on charges of manslaughter

• Thread starter Goro923
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
Couldn't help but have a little chuckle at the "From this video we can clearly see Street Fighter's M. Bison initiating the push, not Randy..." comment on the YouTube video :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm going to give you a second to think about that statement, and get back to me.

Are you going to actually contribute anything to this thread, or just snark?

If the answer is snark, the next one will be your last for at least a week. Got it?

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
I'm going to give you a second to think about that statement, and get back to me.

There is this part where he is practicing, I think the Walk With Me In Hell DVD and his voice is low and rich sounding and it really sounds like he can sing. Idk people might think I'm stupid for saying it. :shrug:

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
There is this part where he is practicing, I think the Walk With Me In Hell DVD and his voice is low and rich sounding and it really sounds like he can sing. Idk people might think I'm stupid for saying it. :shrug:

Agreed. He cannot be replaced. And he does sing, just brutally. It's not like death metal or hardcore where it's mostly 1 tone of screaming. Randy actually hits a lot of notes.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Randy makes LOG for me. He has a unique voice and a bloody intense stage presence. He's one of my favourite vocalists and I will be saddened if he goes to prison.

Genome

Reaction score
Well, this effectively ends his presidential bid.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Wow, this thread....

Kid goes to show, wants to stagedive, gets pushed, dies. And if that wasn't tragic enough, I see tons of comments ala "that kid was a moron", "he clearly shouldnt have gotten on stage", blablabla..Dimebag blablabla...what. the. fuck. seriously? So, there is a show in this club, where evidently always is stagedive action - also during the other bands on that evening. How is this kid supposed to know that it makes Randy feel uncomfortbale or whatever? And that video - someone might enlighten me, becasue I seemed to have missed the point where it is made certain that this is really showing that "push" in question (and not one of the other 2 that where mentioned to happen before?)...

I'm not judging Randy, nor do i judge the kid - because I simply do not know enough and was not there.

I usually don't even write in such threads, but seeing as how many also here are pissing on that kids grave is a huge disappointement.

My beef with the kid stems from the fact that security effectively told him twice already to knock it off. It wasn't like he just randomly jumped up one time and got shoved off and died.. Had it turned out that way, I'd have had more compassion and chalked it up to a really random accident. But the kid relentlessly kept doing it for whatever dumb reason, and as a result that ended up in his death.

No means no. If they don't want you onstage, then you don't go onstage. If you're cool with people being there, then fine. But not everybody is totally comfortable with people jumping onstage stomping on their gear (re: pedals), and being a douche in general at a show. And yes the dime thing is relevant. Strange random people you don't know wanna rush the stage, and with all the places they tour at, law of probability suggest that at least one of them is crazy enough to wanna pull a gun on the guys over some perceived injustice. There is absolutely nothing wrong with anyone wanting to protect themselves from a potential harmful or dangerous situation. But I digress; plenty of people can manage to have a good time at a concert without feeling compelled to bother and harass the guys playing onstage. :yesway:

Yes, when people refuse to learn from their mistakes and get hurt because of it, my sympathy wanes. I don't like seeing anyone die over anything (I've seen enough death in my lifetime tbh), but doing dumb things that gets you killed, and then blaming someone else for it is wrong. :2c:

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
how did they tell him? by pushing him off stage the first 2 times? It is common here in middle Europe, that kids get on stage for stagediving. It is also common, that if they don't jump off stage immedaitely, they get a slight push - not enough to make them fall off, but enough to let them know that "it's time to leave again". it does NOT mean that you arent allowed to stagedive. pretty sure, log, as well as their tourmanager are aware of this - Its not their first time here.

But even IF it where the case and they would have told so - Man, this Randy dude needs to change his music style. I heard Bluesrock doesnt have too many stagedivers nowadays. Maybe he will have a stage on his own there? But if your main-audience is the common modern metal/metalcore scene - get used to stagedivers, pile ups, etc. Or don't, but than get everything straightened at the show, but frankly spoken - its pretty lame if you are a modern metalmusician, asking the audience to do "CIRCLE PIT!!11", wallofdeath, to mosh, (and YES, i have heard him do this, I have seen them live twice) and what have you, and then freak the fuck out if people actually do it.

and again: as far as we know, they didnt tell the audience that stagedivers arent allowed.

that dimebag thing...No, sor that is irrelevant here. detailled answer tomorrow, i'm on my mobile..

Edika

Reaction score
Couldn't help but have a little chuckle at the "From this video we can clearly see Street Fighter's M. Bison initiating the push, not Randy..." comment on the YouTube video :lol:

That's what I actually thought when I saw the security guy!

The situation is kind of fucked up and I really don't know what to say or if I say something it should matter. It is undeniable that Randy didn't want to hurt the kid and from the video we can't see what happened after the kid went flying off the stage. Anything we say is speculation.
The thing is though that involuntary manslaughter is punishable in every country and the severity of the sentence depends on the lawyers capabilities and the evidence.

MacTown09

Reaction score

1521544-mbisonpurple.jpg

This was posted as a comment on an article:

"Something for those who would like to see 32 minutes of 2010 Abaton LoG concert is here: http://ulozto.cz/xVywoAd/lamb-...
Only to make sure: according to witness statements the act for which Randy is charged happened during a break between of two songs. Daniel was supposedly climbing onto the stage and while getting there (not there yet), Randy kicked him, Daniel supposedly fell backwards and hit the concrete floor with his head. Ambulance rushed him to hospital, where he fell into coma and died 2 weeks later.
The video of Randy pulling a guy by the hair off the stage which pops up everywhere is not the killing moment. "

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
In the first part of that video it looks like he wasn't even near the kid, but it is also shitty quality so :shrug:

Reaction score
he deosnt even get kicked in that video all he does is fall off the stage because john stood in front of him. if they cant even identify the guy standing in front of him as being john and not randy these charges should be dropped. the kid does seem to hit his head when he tumbles off the stage but that is most certainly not because someone kicked him.

Reaction score
In the first part of that video it looks like he wasn't even near the kid, but it is also shitty quality so :shrug:

Although I would love to see him in jail, since I hate Lamb of God and core in general...

That video was terribly spotty, and I would like to think civilization understands justice enough to go by real, hard evidence.

You know how it is: Someone of reasonable or otherwise high fame is blamed for something, and the situation gets blown out of proportion.

We don't know the terms of the investigation, but it looks like it's going nowhere. He'll probably be free, soon.

steve1

Reaction score
^ I'm sure eaeolian will honour his promise at the top of the page

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
The internet: where the best and brightest come to play. :lol:

If anything I just hope Randy learn to let security handle that shit from now on...

')