Randy Blythe arrested on charges of manslaughter

• Thread starter Goro923
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MacTown09

Reaction score
he deosnt even get kicked in that video all he does is fall off the stage because john stood in front of him. if they cant even identify the guy standing in front of him as being john and not randy these charges should be dropped. the kid does seem to hit his head when he tumbles off the stage but that is most certainly not because someone kicked him.

If you look closely to the right you can see a security guard grab him and pull him off the stage. He didn't just stumble. The guard threw him down pretty visciously. This vid shows it a little better (its the 3rd account):

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
^ thank you for posting that vid i had no idea the guard had thrown him to the ground it seemed as though he just fell off. with the clearness of that video it does look like he hit his head pretty hard, which still makes me wonder why the security guard isn't on trial?

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Man, there's some fucking idiots popping up in this thread.

To the dude who wants Randy to sit in jail because he doesn't like Lamb Of God, that's a hell of a dick comment. Not because I'm a fan of the band, but because, though stupid fucking people piss me off, I don't wish ill will on anybody without reason and it's a pretty shitty human trait to carry if that's your thing. Good luck with that.

And when was the last time anyone went to a show that DIDN'T have signs posted near the stage, on the bathroom doors, in front of the stage, that say "NO STAGEDIVING". I can't remember the last time I DIDN'T see one of those.

I've been to 5-6 LoG shows, heard Randy call for moshing, circle pits, walls of death, but never ONCE, (including all the live vids I've watched), have I heard him invite anyone onstage. And in the vid posted on the Gauntlet page, no one in the band seemed to give a single shit that he got onstage once he did, they just kept playing and let him jump.

And after watching that Gauntlet vid, it's quite telling this kid didn't have much regard for his own safety. The injury that did him in most likely happened in the first clip when he went ass over teakettle when the security pulled him back over the railing.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Okay, well I've been watching some of these vids, and it looks to me like there may be a good case for manslaughter, but not against Randy. It looks to me like the security guard that basically chokeslamed him needs to pay for it. Kid still takes some blame for his actions, but that slam was pretty damn vicious. My apologies for being a bit rough on the kid.
Out of all of this, Randy is still blameless as far as I can tell...

Rap Hat

the:pawn.project
Reaction score
Holy shit, Randy literally did nothing - those three clips show it was the security guard smashing the kid around. Even the last one where he gets thrown off, Randy swings his arm out but doesn't really connect with the kid, it's the guard that shoves him with both hands.

Is there a chance this will effect the case? I'm totally baffled that Randy would be charged if the cops had these tapes; in the US it's common for cops to scour for footage from both bystanders and security cams before any charges are made, but it sounds like the cops arrested him based on statements. And it's well-known that witnesses are inherently unreliable.

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
After those videos, if he is charged, this has gone full blown retarded.

I mean if they do imprison him for the ~10 years.

bigswifty

Reaction score
Stages are for performers, not fans.

Very unfortunate event for both Randy and the victim/victim's family, though.

Stealthtastic

Doesn't play guitar
Reaction score
Although I would love to see him in jail, since I hate Lamb of God and core in general...

That video was terribly spotty, and I would like to think civilization understands justice enough to go by real, hard evidence.

You know how it is: Someone of reasonable or otherwise high fame is blamed for something, and the situation gets blown out of proportion.

We don't know the terms of the investigation, but it looks like it's going nowhere. He'll probably be free, soon.

That has got to be one of the shittiest statements I have ever heard. You would want an innocent man to go to prison JUST because you dislike the band he plays in? Fairly fucked up if you ask me..

*sorry for the double post, I have no Idea how to multi quote.:shrug:

tuneinrecords

Reaction score
Maybe Randy is on trial because they didn't see all footage that's here on this thread? Or possibly Randy is on trial rather than the security guy or security firm because there is more money to be made in media stuffs and more money to be made for the plaintiffs? Possible vendetta against the band with such an offensive name or offensive style/lifestyle? IDK just thinking out loud.

MacTown09

Reaction score
Maybe Randy is on trial because they didn't see all footage that's here on this thread? Or possibly Randy is on trial rather than the security guy or security firm because there is more money to be made in media stuffs and more money to be made for the plaintiffs? Possible vendetta against the band with such an offensive name or offensive style/lifestyle? IDK just thinking out loud.

I've considered this as well.

On a different side, what if the club already was charged with this and THEY are the ones that are placing the blame on LoG? I mean why would the book the band again without telling them about the whole "oh yeah you killed a kid last year" thing?

It is also pretty likely that we don't have access to all the videos and pictures. Several prearrest witness accounts said that Randy hit a kid a couple of times. Seems like a strange coincidence. Also based on the M. Bison clip, we are not seeing the whole story. Randy obviously pulls the kid from the BACK of the stage by the hair. How did the kid get back there and what was going on before Randy grabbed on to his hair?

Unanswered questions. Weird situation in general. Most likely BS.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
@MacTown09: It was stated several times that the kid getting pulled by his hair out of the back was not the kid that died.

And when was the last time anyone went to a show that DIDN'T have signs posted near the stage, on the bathroom doors, in front of the stage, that say "NO STAGEDIVING". I can't remember the last time I DIDN'T see one of those.

I have been to ~1000 shows in my life, and I have never seen one of those. Why? Because its allowed most of the times. FWIW - I have been in that club where all that happened also, there were no signs. Europe =/= America.

I've been to 5-6 LoG shows, heard Randy call for moshing, circle pits, walls of death, but never ONCE, (including all the live vids I've watched), have I heard him invite anyone onstage.

Well, it's "part of the game". If you want people to go apeshit, but exclude this or that - better hand out instruction sheets before the show. OR, one could do what every professional does - make shit clear between tourmanager/location/security in advance. Don't want stagedivers? Make a fucking barrier.
The band, the club, the securities, tourmanagers - THESE are the professionals that have to take care of everthing. Not 17 year old kids.

And in the vid posted on the Gauntlet page, no one in the band seemed to give a single shit that he got onstage once he did, they just kept playing and let him jump.

Exactly - so what makes everyone else think that Randy shat his pants when that kid got on stage?

Again: From what I have seen, I do not think Randy is to blame for anything - but I will wait until this is sovled before I would blame anyone in this, especcially a dead kid.

anunnaki

Don't even play 7's
Reaction score

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
The amount of people I've seen 'calling for justice' then following with 'LoG are a shitty band anyway and Randy is a dick' really don't get the hilarity in the connection between those two statements do they? I've seen so many who think Randy is completely guilty, without watching any footage, just because they think LoG are a mediocre band. :rolleyes:

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
The amount of people I've seen 'calling for justice' then following with 'LoG are a shitty band anyway and Randy is a dick' really don't get the hilarity in the connection between those two statements do they? I've seen so many who think Randy is completely guilty, without watching any footage, just because they think LoG are a mediocre band. :rolleyes:

Well, stupidity knows no boundaries.

Rap Hat

the:pawn.project
Reaction score
Well duh, he's gotta be guilty of something with a name like Randy! (oh god please don't hurt me mr. Moderator)

Seriously though, I love LoG and hope this doesn't hurt the band. I also don't want my ticket for the LoG/Gojira/DethKlok show to be for naught (2 is okay but all 3 is metal awesomeness).

Indigenous

Indigenous
Reaction score
I think Randy should be his own defense attorney, and his defense should just be him reciting the intro to Omerta. It's foolproof!

Reaction score
Watching that video got me thinking this, and it isn't that disprovable.

There was no "altercation", it was Randy and the security guy putting the guy back into the crowd. If you watch the video carefully, you'll see the guy jumped before leaving the stage which means he wasn't resisting or putting up a fight. Secondly, the angle at which he jumped suggested that he could have landed on his feet or at least gone into a roll once hitting the ground which would have led to, at the most, a sprained ankle, foot or wrist. Next, what's not to say that once making contact with the crowed, he didn't trip? What might have happened if he tripped? When you're watching a band you love and you've zoned in on the music, you don't pay much attention to the dude who just landed on the floor, so how do we know that his injuries weren't caused by someone, or several someones, accidentally kicking him in the head?

His fall had to be broken by some people slowing his momentum down so there's no way he would have been knocked out after jumping off the stage. He had to have sustained the injury AFTER hitting the ground. Likely by fans who were jumping around, moshing and having a good time? The odds that in a crowded venue, that people parted like the red sea opening up a space large enough for the guy to hit the ground unhindered is just too far a shot for Randy and the security guy to have been the cause of death.

To me, this is kind of like a Julius Ceasar kind of thing. Everyone had a hand in it, but no one's to blame. One thing for certain though, this was not Randy's doing, it was only a part of the chain of events that led to this moron going into a coma.

"Hey how did you die?"
"Lamb of God show."
"Fuckin' Metal \m/"

SomeGuy97

Reaction score
Did anybody actually read this and/or follow-up on it?

This was posted as a comment on an article:

"Something for those who would like to see 32 minutes of 2010 Abaton LoG concert is here: http://ulozto.cz/xVywoAd/lamb-...
Only to make sure: according to witness statements the act for which Randy is charged happened during a break between of two songs. Daniel was supposedly climbing onto the stage and while getting there (not there yet), Randy kicked him, Daniel supposedly fell backwards and hit the concrete floor with his head. Ambulance rushed him to hospital, where he fell into coma and died 2 weeks later.
The video of Randy pulling a guy by the hair off the stage which pops up everywhere is not the killing moment. "

Sounds like everybody is watching the wrong clip...

')