Randy Blythe arrested on charges of manslaughter

• Thread starter Goro923
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Glosni

Reaction score
Somebody mind quoting the page? It's blocked at my work :/

Here you go:

Randy Blythe is back in the Czech Republic for a second time to complete the hearings for his manslaughter trial, and day five of the trial has come to a close. The Gauntlet has all the details, although they haven’t cited a source so this information should be taken with a grain of salt.
Two psychologists took the stand, offering contradictory opinions. One stated that Blythe “may have some antisocial personality traits” citing a speeding fine and a ticket for public disobedience while the other stated that Blythe’s results were normal (from an exam? we’re not sure) and that he “didn’t meet several of the conditions for antisocial personality disorder.”
A 19-year old female fan who was in the front row at the concert described seeing Blythe “push Daniel Nosek with a lot of force on the shoulders off the stage” and said that the crowd parted as Nosek fell to the floor.
Blythe’s legal team filed a brief on body mechanics that would have showed how Nosek’s body could fly off the stage, but the prosecutor objected, saying the witnesses had already given testimony. I’m trying to maintain a level head here with regards to the Czech legal system, but I cannot fathom how the science of physics would be rejected in favor of witness testimony. What the fuck?
One more day remains in the trial; it was originally scheduled to last for five days but was delayed when a key witness fell ill. Day four was cut short after just 45 minutes, and the conclusion of the trial was rescheduled to this week.
Tomorrow, George Strauss of the Prague Police Department will testify (for which side, we aren’t sure). Closing statement will follow, Blythe will address the court, and the verdict will be handed down. Keep Randy in your thoughts tonight.

Estilo

Reaction score
Love or hate LOG's music you just can't not respect this guy. His ability to remain calm and level-headed in times like this which would break the minds of many is just incredible. How he spoke up for the country that's blaspheming against him (what I think anyway) when his fans talked shit about it, promoting it with photographs he took himself in a bid to discourage hate against the Czech Republic. I mean, even Jesus panicked before his death.

And this is a metalhead we're talking about, a person so hated and despised and stereotyped against by the world at large..

That said though I'm not buying any of it. If all those reports are true then I don't think any rational man would think anything positive of the Czech judicial system.

skisgaar

Master-debatur
Reaction score
This is becoming a piss take now. Is that video of Randy "Pushing" the kid the push the killed him? Because there are reports that he got up on stage more than once.

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
Here you go:

Randy Blythe is back in the Czech Republic for a second time to complete the hearings for his manslaughter trial, and day five of the trial has come to a close. The Gauntlet has all the details, although they haven’t cited a source so this information should be taken with a grain of salt.
Two psychologists took the stand, offering contradictory opinions. One stated that Blythe “may have some antisocial personality traits” citing a speeding fine and a ticket for public disobedience while the other stated that Blythe’s results were normal (from an exam? we’re not sure) and that he “didn’t meet several of the conditions for antisocial personality disorder.”
A 19-year old female fan who was in the front row at the concert described seeing Blythe “push Daniel Nosek with a lot of force on the shoulders off the stage” and said that the crowd parted as Nosek fell to the floor.
Blythe’s legal team filed a brief on body mechanics that would have showed how Nosek’s body could fly off the stage, but the prosecutor objected, saying the witnesses had already given testimony. I’m trying to maintain a level head here with regards to the Czech legal system, but I cannot fathom how the science of physics would be rejected in favor of witness testimony. What the fuck?
One more day remains in the trial; it was originally scheduled to last for five days but was delayed when a key witness fell ill. Day four was cut short after just 45 minutes, and the conclusion of the trial was rescheduled to this week.
Tomorrow, George Strauss of the Prague Police Department will testify (for which side, we aren’t sure). Closing statement will follow, Blythe will address the court, and the verdict will be handed down. Keep Randy in your thoughts tonight.

I'm going to stick by what Randy posted on his Instagram account the first time the trial was scheduled to be processed; don't believe what you hear in the media, a lot gets lost in translation from Czech to English as it's an incredibly difficult language.

Also, HES FREE!:metal:

s4tch

Reaction score
I just read the news on some Hungarian sites. That's the only acceptable outcome of the trial.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
tumblr_mg2shuNO2H1qj88rjo1_250.gif

Reaction score
So, do you guys think that the wall of death will still be an acceptable thing to do at LOG shows?

:scratch:

Regardless, this is good some good news... I couldn't have imagined the outcome to be any other way.

goldsteinat0r

Zib Zob Zabbity
Reaction score
So, do you guys think that the wall of death will still be an acceptable thing to do at LOG shows?

:scratch:

Regardless, this is good some good news... I couldn't have imagined the outcome to be any other way.

They will probably just change the name to "The Wall of Peace, Understanding, and Well-Composed-Black-and-White-Photographs."

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
of course he was not guilty. All this drama for nothing.

Um, "of course he was not guilty"?

Yeah, we all assumed that; but that doesn't mean he couldn't have been found guilty.

Not drama for nothing; we could have lost one of the greatest frontmen the metal world has ever seen, had the Czech decided he was guilty.

Great way to start my day!

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Happy for Randy, and all the props in the world for how he handled the situation and keeping cool as a cucumber. Much respect, Randy.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
I can't wait to read his memoirs if and when they come out - he's been through so much yet seems to see the world much purer than we do. Same thing with photography - he tends to capture things that we walk by on a daily basis.

goldsteinat0r

Zib Zob Zabbity
Reaction score
Yeah I woulda been flipping my shit the whole time. He was clearly being fucked with but he did a great job of presenting himself as the guy he is rather than letting the clearly sketchy nature of the charges get to him. Massive respect. Also his wife looks like a real keeper. :)

')