Randy Blythe arrested on charges of manslaughter

• Thread starter Goro923
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

anthonyferguson

Reaction score
If you go with the first blog post that popped up, it's totally an act of aggression. If the later reports are accurate, it's the singer getting bumrushed multiple times by the same fan getting through security. What's Randy to do there? Give him a hug? Stop singing and politely ask him to leave mid-song after he already bounded past security the third time?

Hadn't read that blog. Sorry I guess it's easy to jump to conclusions. I suppose it's tragic really. Mixture of security not doing their job and things getting out of hand. What a shame.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Hadn't read that blog. Sorry I guess it's easy to jump to conclusions. I suppose it's tragic really. Mixture of security not doing their job and things getting out of hand. What a shame.

Yeah, I totally understand where you're coming from :yesway: it's just really hard to make any calls without knowing what exactly happened. Could very easily go both ways. Damn shame indeed.

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
Some of you guys saying Randy should rot if he is guilty should really think before saying that. Saying that means your basically saying he killed the kid on purpose, which is obviously not the case. Hating someone over an accidental un-intended death is just retarded.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
the guy intentionally initiated and engaged in an extremely dangerous act- attacking someone via fisticuffs in front of a ton of people that are fans of the recipient of the attack. the recipient defended himself, and the attacker was injured to the point where he died later on.

That's a hell of a lot of assumptions. And even then, the laws are different in every country.
Not saying you are wrong of course. I strongly support the right to self defense, and he clearly (and this is my assumption) never wanted to kill someone

Reaction score
Some of you guys saying Randy should rot if he is guilty should really think before saying that. Saying that means your basically saying he killed the kid on purpose, which is obviously not the case. Hating someone over an accidental un-intended death is just retarded.

I don't think anyone said he did it on purpose.

That is called murder, manslaughter is when you mess up real bad and someone dies.

Being careless and reckless is something that should be punished, and when someone dies it is serious business.

Looking at the big picture of this, I think it will end in a civil suit. And I think Randy needs to learn somthing from this, like basically, be careful what you do, get better security, do things differently.

I have seen people act the fool and get bloody noses, but when someone goes into a coma and dies, that is some tragic shit right there. And it should be looked into, mainly so it doesn't happen again.

I have seen bouncers do much worse stuff than what Randy is being accused of, I think most of us have seen a bouncer man handle the shit out of someone. It is a freak accident for sure.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
I don't see how getting up on stage is a crime that's justifiably combated with pushing them off? It sounds an awful lot like an act of aggression, which is what happened in the other situation I mentioned. I don't really care if it's red mist. A push/kick is not redefined if the aggressor is hyped up/drunk/whatever.

You're not supposed to be up there. This should have been obvious after security pulled him away twice.

And I'm not sure how many times you've been in a physical altercation with a drunk/hyped up/whatever person, but even with my FRIENDS, a punch/kick is certainly redefined. My best friend putting me in a headlock while sober is one thing, but 2 weeks ago he did it when he was shitfaced and didn't lay off so I punched him twice as hard as I normally do when he does it sober.

Neither of us were mad about it after, because the situation was redefined as a result of how much he drank.

ArrowHead

Reaction score
Saying that means your basically saying he killed the kid on purpose,

On purpose/pre-meditated = Murder
Accidental/unplanned = Manslaughter

By definition, if he's being charged with manslaughter no one is saying he did it on purpose. However ACCIDENTALLY causing a person's death ALSO has repercussions. If he's guilty, he should serve the appropriate punishment for his crime.

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
Threads like this really bring out the air of moral superiority that infects a solid 7-8 out of 10 SS.org posts of a serious nature. Seriously, some of the stuff being posted is scarier and more disturbing than the actual topic; and I'm not referring to the commie comments/jokes (which was clearly sarcasm in my view, however in bad taste).

Reaction score
Yeah, gotta take Randy's side on this one, for sure. That kid had it coming. Any fan that dares to climb up on stage, regardless of intent or whether they're carrying weapons, deserves swift death, IMHO.

EDIT: See: Dimebag incident, circa 2004.

wespaul

Octaves of Manhattan
Reaction score
Threads like this really bring out the air of moral superiority that infects a solid 7-8 out of 10 SS.org posts of a serious nature. Seriously, some of the stuff being posted is scarier and more disturbing than the actual topic; and I'm not referring to the commie comments/jokes (which was clearly sarcasm in my view, however in bad taste).

I was thinking the exact same thing.

TheSpaceforthis

Reaction score
Yeah, gotta take Randy's side on this one, for sure. That kid had it coming. Any fan that dares to climb up on stage, regardless of intent or whether they're carrying weapons, deserves swift death, IMHO.

EDIT: See: Dimebag incident, circa 2004.

swift death? is this sarcasm?

the fuhrer

Reaction score
I can't believe how many people on this forum were present when this incident took place. What is even more incredible is that all the people at that show that night are experts in international law. This is why I don't get on any other guitar forums anymore. I knew ss.org was by far the most educated, intelligent music forum out there.

P.S. I wonder how drunk this kid was when the show took place. Does BAC have anything to do with court rulings in Prague?

butterschnapps

(´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I think that is taking it a bit too far to say he deserved a swift death. He deserved being pushed back to the crowd, as anyone would. The matter of him hitting his head and deserving it, yes, because he shouldn't have been doing what he was doing. Does he deserve to die from his injuries? Well, he deserved to get pushed back, it's his own fault for putting himself in the situation, and if he died from it, it was his own fault. I don't blame Randy for any of this. People need to know where they belong and respect the boundaries set. Otherwise shit happens.

Saying he deserved to die is saying it would be intentional, saying he deserved to be pushed back to the crowd and if he hits his head, that's his own damn fault for putting himself there in the first place is not intending for him to be harmed in any shape or form, it's just a reaction for his actions.

For every action, there is an equal or greater reaction. In this case, the equal reaction caused a chain of events leading to a greater reaction.

jackfiltraition

Reaction score
hhhmm. Aside from the very unfortunate loss of a life and general shitty circumstances, this is all pretty interesting. I am slowly forming my own opinion after scouring every news article, youtube video, blog etc. I could find, but it would be pointless to jump to any conclusions based on assumptions.

So far, there are only a few concrete facts that we are all aware of. A person at this particular concert made his way on stage at some point during the bands performance. Randy was involved in SOME form of physical confrontation with this person. This person has passed away at some point supposedly due to injuries related to the physical confrontation and now almost 2 years later Randy has been arrested in connection of the manslaughter of this person.

Many questions still remain. Did the person approach the stage and Randy in an aggressive manner? What specifically happened during the physical confrontation and who initiated it? When exactly did this person pass away and what was the official cause of death? Why did news of the incident not come to light more then 2 years ago when it actually happened? Surely if it was as bad as some witness accounts made it sound, it would have surfaced SOMEWHERE during the last 2 years especially considering Lamb Of God's somewhat high profile status and Randy's notorious reputation amongst the online metal community.

I think the "fans have no place on the stage" thing is another grey area in this case. Yes, a large part of the whole point to having a stage is to create an invisible barrier, at least a metaphorical barrier between performance and experience and all performers are definitely extremely vulnerable up there. That being said, Lamb Of God are a Metal band with roots in the punk and hardcore club scene! A LOG concert is not the same vibe as Zappa plays Zappa or something. Both great but very different. Surely lamb of god are used to the odd stage diver, moshers, craziness, what have you.

In any case, I am very interested to see how the whole situation pans out. Really interested in how the more main stream media spins it...

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
Can you really use Dime as an excuse? I mean seriously, that was a freak occurrence. Unfortunate, yeah, but not something that typically happens three or four times a year by any means.

Reactions: MJS

butterschnapps

(´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Can you really use Dime as an excuse? I mean seriously, that was a freak occurrence. Unfortunate, yeah, but not something that typically happens three or four times a year by any means.
I think it's something to consider when this individual charged the stage repeatedly. I'd feel threatened too if someone forced their way on stage and attempted to multiple times and then bypassed the security.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I think it's something to consider when this individual charged the stage repeatedly. I'd feel threatened too if someone forced their way on stage and attempted to multiple times and then bypassed the security.

I guess metal musicians live in a state of constant panic, then. I've been to a lot of shows where there were people stage-diving, guess I should see it from the band's perspective as "this guy is trying to get onstage and kill me."

butterschnapps

(´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I guess metal musicians live in a state of constant panic, then. I've been to a lot of shows where there were people stage-diving, guess I should see it from the band's perspective as "this guy is trying to get onstage and kill me."
Well, when you're stopped by security twice, you think you'd get the point that you're not allowed to stage dive at this event. Any one who goes up again would only make sense to have another motive.

Amanita

Reaction score
just some clarifications for the US lads
- there is no way he could face a trial by jury, because all EU except UK uses civil law system (as opposed to common law system of UK and US). look up the differences on wikipedia.
- private owned concealable small arms are virtually non-existent in EU - i'm mentioning this for you to think before you mention Dimebag's case.
- comparing development level and legal system of any EU country with Russia is a clear sign of ignorance.

')