Randy Blythe arrested on charges of manslaughter

• Thread starter Goro923
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dan

Reaction score
Yeah because poland and Hungary are well known for their solid judicial systems right?

Yeah but because it will be a high profile case it will have to be dealt with appropriately. Especially seen as every redneck with a slayer shirt in the US will be up in arms about it :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Yeah because poland and Hungary are well known for their solid judicial systems right?

You REALLY want to know how far the US / Canada law system is ridiculed in Europe? I can state all the inaccurate stereotypes as facts as well here, and we end up flinging shit based on unsubstantiated statements mixed with examples of things gone south. Heck, I can even mock Portugal while at it, based on that.

There is a difference between inefficiency (go check the percentage of unsolved murder cases in the North American territory, for instance), which has a good part of technical / legal limitations and the system itself being solidly established and functional. It's always a compromise of enforcement and guaranteeing the innocent aren't wrecked and regarded as a side effect.

On topic - I find it highly unlikely that Randy will remain in custody. Self defense laws in the EU aren't that different from the US, namely the concept of proportional force, right to deter an assailant, etc.. Unless evidence would point to a peaceful bystander getting his arse kicked by Randy, which considering the dude in question is rather unlikely.

Reaction score
qvU2T.png

rawrkunjrawr

Captain Shnazzy
Reaction score
EDIT: Typed to slow

YEAH!!!!!!

EDIT: He'll still have to go back to face charges so he's only safe for now, which I guess, is better then being in jail.

Amanita

Reaction score
ok. i'll bite. judicial process in Poland is mainly friggin slow. your average case can take years literally. Polish police seems to be upgrading their standards of politeness and restraint in using force to venerated American standards. yet given the choice of trial before Polish career judge or a bunch of semi-random bystanders i'd take the former.

Equivoke

dickbut
Reaction score
Some of you guys saying Randy should rot if he is guilty should really think before saying that. Saying that means your basically saying he killed the kid on purpose, which is obviously not the case. Hating someone over an accidental un-intended death is just retarded.

You. You are an idiot.

That is all

Reaction score
Good to hear that he's out. Even though the Dime incident is hard to use as justification, if a fan tried to get on stage 3 times you have no idea what is going through his head. I think it's fine for the band to take some protection into their own hands. He jumped on stage, Randy pushed him back. Not his fault the other guy fell on his head, the fan was just being an idiot.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
hhhmm. Aside from the very unfortunate loss of a life and general shitty circumstances, this is all pretty interesting. I am slowly forming my own opinion after scouring every news article, youtube video, blog etc. I could find, but it would be pointless to jump to any conclusions based on assumptions.

So far, there are only a few concrete facts that we are all aware of. A person at this particular concert made his way on stage at some point during the bands performance. Randy was involved in SOME form of physical confrontation with this person. This person has passed away at some point supposedly due to injuries related to the physical confrontation and now almost 2 years later Randy has been arrested in connection of the manslaughter of this person.

Many questions still remain. Did the person approach the stage and Randy in an aggressive manner? What specifically happened during the physical confrontation and who initiated it? When exactly did this person pass away and what was the official cause of death? Why did news of the incident not come to light more then 2 years ago when it actually happened? Surely if it was as bad as some witness accounts made it sound, it would have surfaced SOMEWHERE during the last 2 years especially considering Lamb Of God's somewhat high profile status and Randy's notorious reputation amongst the online metal community.

I think the "fans have no place on the stage" thing is another grey area in this case. Yes, a large part of the whole point to having a stage is to create an invisible barrier, at least a metaphorical barrier between performance and experience and all performers are definitely extremely vulnerable up there. That being said, Lamb Of God are a Metal band with roots in the punk and hardcore club scene! A LOG concert is not the same vibe as Zappa plays Zappa or something. Both great but very different. Surely lamb of god are used to the odd stage diver, moshers, craziness, what have you.

In any case, I am very interested to see how the whole situation pans out. Really interested in how the more main stream media spins it...

This is pretty much what I wanted to post. I'd add, though, that some of the responses on here beggar belief in their ignorance, stupidity, macho bullsh*t posturing and almost psychotic lack of sympathy.

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score
uh, ONLY if he died due to a knockout blow by Randy --- (but I suppose manslaughter can be used loosely)

which, although I haven't seen the video, I sincerely find it hard to believe Randy was on stage and PERSONALLY hit him so fucking hard he died....

Justice needs to be served for the family no doubt, but I have this feeling it wasn't that simple, that Randy just delivered some Tyson-style wrecking ball this guy and that was it

It is rapidly becoming obvious that we don't have many lawyers on this board. In most nations, the threshold for the 'provocation' defense is quite high, and it certainly would not be met by someone simply walking onto a stage during a concert.

Similarly, if there is sufficient causation between the death and the battery, then there is at least a plausible case for culpability.

nickgray

Reaction score
I think it's fine for the band to take some protection into their own hands. He jumped on stage, Randy pushed him back. Not his fault the other guy fell on his head, the fan was just being an idiot.

Band members have no business pulling off this sort of shit. They don't own the venue, they just happen to perform there, plus pushing someone, especially if there's a risk of them falling off the stage, is by no mean a proportionate response.

Even though the Dime incident is hard to use as justification
Why not use the Lennon incident as justification for musicians to punch random people on the street who happen to get close to them? What happened to Dimebag is unfortunate, but it absolutely not an excuse for band members to take matters into their own hands.

Beach

Reaction score
He's out on a $200,000 bail. And he was wearing a Obituary shirt during the trial haha.

Ghost40

Dude
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes and no. Expedite is to cause something to happen more quickly. Amazon offers expedited delivery. Extradition is the transfer of a suspect or fugitive to the country in which they face charges, not away from it. I think Ghost40 is thinking of a prisoner transfer, where a convicted prisoner is transferred to a prison in their home country to serve the remainder of their sentence.

Lol, good call, I couldn't get the word out. Maybe I was thinking about FedEx

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
He's out on a $200,000 bail. And he was wearing a Obituary shirt during the trial haha.

Dark tasteless humor ftw! :lol:

Look musicians do this shit all the time. The guy was pushed off the stage twice already, and he just kept going at it. Since security wasn't around, then Randy did what I know 90% of you would have done; pushed the kid off the stage. It's not Randy's fault that the kid was a moron, or that the kid just could not learn from his mistake the first two friggin' times he made it. When I saw suffocation, in the heat of things I had my foot on the stage while I was headbanging. I got asked to stop, and guess what? I stopped. I learned the lesson, and guess what? I wasn't pushed off stage, kicked, punched etc. If you do dumb shit while at a metal show, you have to expect to have negative consequences.

I don't wish death on the kid by any means, but I really feel that he is worth getting a darwin award for acting dumb, which lead to his death.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I don't wish death on the kid by any means, but I really feel that he is worth getting a darwin award for acting dumb, which lead to his death.

I think that's a stretch. It seems reasonable to say at this point that his death was more or less a freak accident as a result of probably falling in just the one exact wrong way. I'd say he probably deserved some bruises for not getting the message, but a Darwin award? He wasn't trying to stage dive from the lighting scaffolds...

')