Ranking seven-string guitars

• Thread starter NostraHistoria
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
@ OP, how would you rank 6-string guitars ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score

yeah i pissy and being a trolololol. I'm a Mayones guy myself I don't even own any PRS's... but OP did say he's a rock guy and didn't want a metal guitar, so I figured he'd probably like a PRS (especially since he said price is no matter = PRS) :lol:

But back OT, what about one of the PT/tele style 7's since you like Fender? You legit can't go wrong with ESP:

dkm62sba8thhzp8mfuiz.jpg

large.png

xlarge.png

And Schecter is one of the most underrated guitar companies (especially their USA and custom stuff!!!):

wes-hauch-pt-7-new1.png

A-Branger

Reaction score
so this tread question is the new "what guitar should I buy" tread of this week?

answer for the OP:

the "best", is what YOU like and what YOU are intent to use it for.

spend a few weeks reading stuff in this forum before asking dumb questions, use goolge, research your guitars, go to music stores and try everything up, finally, go and pick the color/shape that you like the most.

IF you want an answer here. What would you get is a traditional SSO repply un-official rule, "get a second hand Ibanez prestige"...... but hey someone already mentioned lol. Again, ignore and get what you want. Unless you want a plain boring used RG, then go and get one

at the end of the day what "its best" is totaly subjective to what the user wants/feels/intended use. And there no secret recipe on what works "best" of not. IF that would be the case, theneveryone would be doing it. So what do we "rank" guitar for?, look?, tone?, price?, specs?, value?....

I dont get why you asked that question, but if you want an answer. There is no answer.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Price does not matter.

I looked up some of those guitars. I do not like the look of metal guitars. I play rock.

In all seriousness, look into the Gibson LP7s (both the Classic and Standard 7s are fantastic) and a custom Charvel 7 (magnificent; starts around $4k and a 2 year wait). I like more traditional shaped stuff, and these are what I settled on after churning through a lot of stuff.

If price really doesn't matter, I'm sure you can order a Fender Masterbuilt Strat or Tele 7 that would be killer. And of course PRS Private Stock will build you one (starts around $11k, not sure how long the build time is, my head shut off after the $11k figure).

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score
Quick answer... Just go with an 8. 7 wont ever be enough with such a vague question as the OP asked.

EDIT*anything less than 27" is useless muddy garbage... Trust me... Ive tried... And failed.

Insomnia

Needs more strings!
Reaction score
Good point... anything less than 28" is sh1zz for p0sers. Plus if it ain't BKP it belongs on a Hello Kitty squier. I bet a stock Schecter KM7 would shred the face off that urine soaked piece of cardboard PRS is hocking.... yeah. I think he should get a fanned fret Skervesen Shoggie myself. Cuz, if it ain't teh Br0otz it's fer fr00ts.

No, but 26.5" is the ideal scale length. The SDs might sound fine, but it really depends on what kind of tone you want, and the majority of seven-string players nowadays are looking to play heavy, down-tuned music. A stock Schecter KM7 would probably play better if you were tuning down to G#, I think. And Skervesen is shaky on their QC, so I wouldn't recommend them.

No need to be snarky about it, it's just my opinion, jesus...:nuts:

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
This is the most vejichan thread I've ever seen. Props to OP.

definitely :lol:

@ OP, if you find strats are best for solos and LPs/PRS are best for rhythm, why don't you just get one of each as a 7 and call it a day ?

Ranking guitars is silly. People's opinions are personal. For my tastes, your own ranking is bull. For your tastes, anyone's ranking is gonna be bull. Why ? Because ranking everyone's personal taste is beyond silly. If money isn't a problem for you, just buy several guitars that will cover your needs. If you ask us what the perfect guitar is, the answer is there is none, we all prefer different things.

Reaction score
Thanks for all of your help. I never heard of a few of the companies you all mentioned. I will try to check them out.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
There is only one Ochoteco then everything else. Offer me the right 6 string and it's yours.

Ochoteco_wallpaper1.jpg

Latest posts

')