Rap fan pays fine rather than listen to classical music

• Thread starter Zepp88
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
15 minutes? What's wrong with that dude? Beethoven, Bach, and Chopin? I'm not a big fan of Chopin, but Beethoven is one of the most awesome musicians ever and his music just kicks ass, and Bach has a lot of pretty cool music too. I'm not a fan of the opera, but it sounds like he got it off easy and just decided to pay $150 so he didn't have to listen to masterpieces.

My favorite musics are mostly extreme forms of music such as metal, industrial, goth, post-hardcore, and so on, but classical is the first kind of music I really got into and I still really enjoy it. I used to be really into fingerstyle guitar playing and learned a lot of classical music on guitar such as Moonlight Sonata movement 1 and The Four Seasons: Spring and so on. I think I learned at least one song by Chopin, Beethoven, and Bach... forgotten almost all of it by now.

But, yeah, that article is both funny and sad at the same time.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, he claims his main reason for giving up was because he wanted to be at basketball practice, which, sorry I'm not into sports, but still it's fucking stupid. The judge was giving him a MAJOR break.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Coincidentally, this is making me want a classical guitar again.

:agreed:

The dude doesn't have a clue. "No way, muthafuckah. I don' wanna fuckin' 'expand mah muzkal horizons.' Only one goddamn music in this world worth listenin' to and that's gangsta rap, foo'. Shiiiiiii'." :squint:

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
The issue is shelling out the cash, because I want to get a NICE one, but I never want to set aside that kind of cash :lol:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
The issue is shelling out the cash, because I want to get a NICE one, but I never want to set aside that kind of cash :lol:

Same here. If I had the SPACE, I would probably own a 12-string acoustic right now. The money isn't so much of a problem, but the space is. I already went too far by buying a 5-string bass that I have to keep in my closet where I put my dirty laundry. :lol:

If I had the space and the money, I'd get a 12-string acoustic and a classical guitar with a cutaway (I know the classical dudes will yell "blasphemy!" but I can't stand how hard it is to go above the 12th fret on a classical, so I need a cutaway).

Anyway, the dude in that article had no problem whippin' out $150. He probably thought he was a true "gangsta," y'know, with all that mackin' on chicks with his wad of cash. :rolleyes:

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
It's stupidity man, just wasting his money and throwing away the nice break that the judge gave him, all because he didn't want to listen to classical music and his basketball practice was more important. Fiscal responsiblity and critical thinking eh?

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
What a fucking loser:noplease: I honestly can't think of much to add that's already been said, but man.... he could have got off so light, and chose "BASKETBALL PRACTICE MUTHAFUCKA!".

I goddamn love Chopin's music... I have days where I listen to his stuff hours on end. It may not be metal, but hot damn, that was some virtuosity right there:hbang: imagine if he was a keyboardist in a metal band, he would have fucking ruled.

Nick

Reaction score
id probably struggle to not pay the fine if i had to be at basketball practice. sport means a lot to some people.

i wouldnt give a fuck about listening to the music, if i had nowhere to be id love it instead of a fine.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Andrew Vactor was facing a $150 fine for playing rap music too loudly on his car stereo in July. But a judge offered to reduce that to $35 if Vactor spent 20 hours listening to classical music by the likes of Bach, Beethoven and Chopin

I'm sorry, but 20 hours of my time is worth WAY more than $150. I'd pay the fine and go too, and I like classical :lol:

Scali

Banned
Reaction score
I've got a cheap Samick classical guitar with piezo and cutaway. It actually sounds pretty good, especially with hard tension strings. I filed the nut and bridge as far as they'd go, action is reasonable now :)

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
yeah to be fair 20hrs of my time probably comes in at around $400 lol

Pretty much, if you have a job (instead of basketball practice) you're actually making money by paying the fine :lol:

')