Rap fan pays fine rather than listen to classical music

• Thread starter Zepp88
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
Giving the government money for a bullshit law? I support this guys right to listen to whatever he wants in his car, and if he wants to turn the shit up, well I guess I can deal with it. I can't stand to hear gigantic subs so loud that it rattles the cars trunk, but he can do so if he pleases :shrug:

I am biased on the sports thing...so, I'm probably not the best person to debate about that...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

damigu

stay tuned
Reaction score
Giving the government money for a bullshit law? I support this guys right to listen to whatever he wants in his car, and if he wants to turn the shit up, well I guess I can deal with it. I can't stand to hear gigantic subs so loud that it rattles the cars trunk, but he can do so if he pleases :shrug:

i both agree and disagree with you on this point. because i generally have no problem with loud car stereos or thumping subs. hell, *I* have a system capable of overturning cars in the lane next to me (but i rarely turn it up that loud--i got it for quality and not volume, because 75% of my music listening is done in the car so i want a system that's as good as any home system).

but i think there is a limit.

i suspect that we're not simply talking about "trunk rattling" volume in this instance, but probably "could be heard from 1/4 mile away" volume. when it's turned up that loud, it isn't even about the music anymore (even if the speakers can handle it properly, human ears can't) and is simply about showing off. at that point, i have no problem with laws and fines concerning volume levels.

daybean

Contributor
Reaction score
since when does the government make you listen to classical music as a punishment. i think this is beyond bullshit and the focus should not be on the rap fan but the court or judge that ordered the punishment.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
since when does the government make you listen to classical music as a punishment. i think this is beyond bullshit and the focus should not be on the rap fan but the court or judge that ordered the punishment.

It was an optional punishment versus paying a $150 fine.

')