Rap Metal's Not Dead

Boomside

Rap Metal's Not Dead
Reaction score
Some of us haven't been in a band in a while, and we're kind of psyched about this. We're called Boomside (named for a drug-infested low-income housing complex where we're from.) It's four best friends just turnin' up and having fun. I'm generally not into rap metal, mostly because either the rapper and/or band are wack, but I think we do it right.

This is one of the first times that Boomside is being broadcast publicly. It's certainly not for everybody. However, there's more to come - not all heavy and with a wider variety of flavors than this song indicates. I feel like our main audience would most likely be 14-24 year olds who like hoodrat shit.

With that being said, here it is, our first music video!

BOOMSIDE - Be Afraid

Vocals - His Highness Lord Grand Boulevard
Guitar - Scumbag Jim
Bass - Warsaw Budd
Drums - Thörr Stack

Find us online at http://facebook.com/boomsideny

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I was feeling that! Not my usual, but your right it did work. That was cool

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
8c8c067ab987f945e99a9c72a734e3b1.jpg

Boomside

Rap Metal's Not Dead
Reaction score
I was feeling that! Not my usual, but your right it did work. That was cool

Thanks man! We're confident in what we're doing, but understand that because it's rap-metal there's bound to be a knee-jerk reaction it, haha.

The story of the band is: Me and my brother used to have a big show in our back yard every summer. His Highness Lord Grand Boulevard AKA Bravos Xodus, whom I've known for about 15 years now, took the stage and was just having people from the crowd call out topics and then he'd freestyle on that topic.

My buddy Scumbag Jim was there and was rightfully impressed. He basically came up with the idea to grab Brav and our homey Thorr and start up this band.

The song Be Afraid is probably our most straight-forward jam. We have a lot of other flavors in what we do, but Be Afraid is the most easy to digest and probably most representative of our attitude and vibe, although it's more on the side of toughguy shit while some of our other stuff falls more on the side of goodtime party hoodrat shit.

punisher911

blah blah blah
Reaction score
I'm a fan. I'm a huge old school rap fan and I love rock too. I've been trying to start a similar style band for a while. My vocalist buddy I've known for 20 years keeps flaking.

Splenetic

Reaction score
The drummers facial expression at 2:14 ! hahahaha holy shit.

I dig this. I'm a huge metal and hip hop fan, but with the exception of like....pretty much Candiria, I hate the mix of the two. This however was pretty dope.

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
In my opinion, rap and metal belongs together. Not many genres make such a good mix...but in this case ? Nah. The generic ass metal riffs and boring/non-groovy drums completely ruin the flow of the rap.

Not digging it.

<- Huge hip hop / nu-metal / rap metal fan.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Glad to see another rap metal band out there besides mine!

Im interested to see what else you got.

Boomside

Rap Metal's Not Dead
Reaction score
The drummers facial expression at 2:14 ! hahahaha holy shit.

I dig this. I'm a huge metal and hip hop fan, but with the exception of like....pretty much Candiria, I hate the mix of the two. This however was pretty dope.

Cool to see someone mention those guys. My old band Domain played with them at The King's Club on Route 25 back in 2001 or 2002. They're a cool band who were very unique and innovated and musically open-minded. I really need to rediscover that band. Candiria was the shit. I gotta be real, although not exactly a comparison, putting our song next to them is like comparing Ramones to NOFX. Candiria is light years ahead in terms of thinking outside the box. Be Afraid is very much inside the box. Haha... but thanks, man!

I'm pretty blown away by the positivity and love that Boomside is getting in here. This shit is really making my day.

Mwoit

Reaction score
I did not expect the blasting black metal style bit.

Boomside

Rap Metal's Not Dead
Reaction score
I did not expect the blasting black metal style bit.

Although the influence wasn't super intentional in that part, I Am The Black Wizards by Emperor is one of my favorite black metal songs ever.

DarkWolfXV

Excised n anatomised
Reaction score
Horrible. Rap metal? Either go full Attila or don't do it at all. Maybe check out Acrania, which is a brutal death metal/deathcore band with some amazingly fast, growled raps. You should check them out and see how it's done properly. All this makes me want to do is ask "Where's the breakdown?"

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Horrible. Rap metal? Either go full Attila or don't do it at all. Maybe check out Acrania, which is a brutal death metal/deathcore band with some amazingly fast, growled raps. You should check them out and see how it's done properly. All this makes me want to do is ask "Where's the breakdown?"

"See how it's done properly"...? That completely defeats the point of writing music. There is no "properly", dude.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I think poleman's just saying that he doesn't like this band and does like some other pretty much unrelated one.

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
So....much....yes. Also, makes me want to quote some Anthrax...

"They say rap & metal can never mix, but all of them can suck our..."

You get the idea. I'm digging this. My youngest kid primarily likes hip-hop...I'm gonna test it on him.

')