Rap Metal's Not Dead

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Yeah, you're pretty much on point :lol:

The "properly" part was what got me. Can I have a free pass? It's pretty far from unusual for people on this forum to claim "proper" and "real" versions of music. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
I do like the rappers voice but IMO he doesn't sound agressive enough for being in a metal band.

Keep it going though, fully ready for the nu-metal comeback.

FILTHnFEAR

Dread it, run from it....
Reaction score
Glad to see another rap metal band out there besides mine!

When are we gonna hear yours? I wanna hear that, yo! :wavey:

To OP: Sounds cool, but your front man needs to be more...in your face/hype/aggressive to match the music. Cool though.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
^I posted a video in a thread late last year with my rap metal band :lol:

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
I've never really been into rap metal, but I gotta say I dig the guitar sound and the groove a lot.

Boomside

Rap Metal's Not Dead
Reaction score
Go harder on the metal side and have the rapper really snap off

I could see that being pretty cool. We have about 5 songs mostly done right now (3 recorded, going in to finish the 4th in Feb.) but we're trying out lots of interesting things in this newer cluster of songs we're working on.

We're actively against falling into the trap of rapped verses and shouted choruses. It's been done to death. We're still growing as a band and have a long way to go before we've reached our creative potential.

Boomside

Rap Metal's Not Dead
Reaction score
Very nice! I bet that recording doesn't even cover half the rawness of your live sound.

Thanks man! Here's some live footage from our first show back in December. We've gotten a lot tighter since then, but I think it showcases our energy well!

We're heading back into the studio soon to put the finishing touches on this song, then we hope to shoot a music video for it. We're all pretty stoked about it!

Sunlit Omega

Chaos Engineer
Contributor
Reaction score
I dig it and the other song I saw on your youtube as well. My only criticism would be that your frontman definitely needs to be more in your face, the vocal was a little laid back in delivery to me. I think it should be more hard hitting, and would compliment the instrumentals well.

That aside, I'm looking forward to hearing what else you put out.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
what are bands do we all consider as rap metal? just trying to gauge were you are coming from

for me, the epitome of rapmetal

Boomside

Rap Metal's Not Dead
Reaction score
Where on Long Island are you from?

Brentwood / Central Islip, mainly, but we're kind of spread out across the island at the moment.

Where we grew up, there's this not so baller apartment complex where you could go day or night, in the sunshine or driving rain, and get whatever you needed. Coke, smoke, crack, smack, girls, whatever you need, man. That legendary place was, and still is, known as Boomside.

I Shot JR

Reaction score
That was awesome! very madball/agnostic front.

Vocals should be a bit louder though, maybe some double tracking here and there.

And omg the black metal part into a breakdown. Keep it up!

Splenetic

Reaction score
Straight up listened to this effin song like 20 times so far. I like the vocals, no need to change anything. The riffage isn't "generic metal".....more like old school hardcore with a bit of metal thrown in towards the end. In that department, the Madball comparison above is actually pretty on-point.

I want a full album! :D

Boomside

Rap Metal's Not Dead
Reaction score
Straight up listened to this effin song like 20 times so far. I like the vocals, no need to change anything. The riffage isn't "generic metal".....more like old school hardcore with a bit of metal thrown in towards the end. In that department, the Madball comparison above is actually pretty on-point.

I want a full album! :D

That was awesome! very madball/agnostic front.

Vocals should be a bit louder though, maybe some double tracking here and there.

And omg the black metal part into a breakdown. Keep it up!

Thank you so much, guys, truly. We're always stoked to have people pick up on the more "classic" hardcore influence we've got in the mix!

Our guitarist is definitely pretty big into stuff like Madball, but for me, E-Town was the band I thought of when he had the idea for this band. He saw my buddy rap at the aforementioned show in my back yard, just to a dude playing drums. So he pitched me the idea and despite not really ever having been too into the genre, I thought about the time I saw E-Town at a Metalfest just slaying it in front of a hostile crowd, and decided to give it a go.

We have a few more songs that are being finished in the studio, and we plan on doing a video for 9 To 5 Or .45 (the live song at the top of this page of the thread) some time soon.

Hopefully we can find a label to put out a full-length based on the strength of those few songs. We're getting a bunch of show offers, so right now it's all about writing and playing live, and hopefully recording in the spring and touring to support a summertime release.

Boomside

Rap Metal's Not Dead
Reaction score
I dig it and the other song I saw on your youtube as well. My only criticism would be that your frontman definitely needs to be more in your face, the vocal was a little laid back in delivery to me. I think it should be more hard hitting, and would compliment the instrumentals well.

That aside, I'm looking forward to hearing what else you put out.

Thanks, man. We recorded that shit in a garage and just gave the dude a case of beer every time we showed up. I definitely agree that it's on the rough side.

Hopefully Ice-T will hear this shit and get us signed to Sumerian so we can record something dope, and of course tour with Body Count, Bahaha...

')