Rapper DMX is Vick 2.0!

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
And it's local :(

Deputies Raid Home Of Rapper DMX - Local News Story - KPHO Phoenix

Deputies Raid Home Of Rapper DMX

12 Dogs Seized; Others Found Buried

CAVE CREEK, Ariz. -- Sheriff's deputies acting on a tip of animal cruelty raided the Phoenix-area home of rapper-turned-actor DMX and carried out 12 pit bulls in need of immediate medical care, investigators said.

They said they also found several dogs buried in the back yard of the Cave Creek property.

The Maricopa County sheriff's deputies said a tip came in more than a week ago about dogs being kept in inhumane conditions, said Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Detectives went to the home and then called one of the rapper's lawyers, Arapio said. Investigators told him that the conditions for the dogs needed to be improved or deputies would obtain a search warrant, Arpaio said.

Authorities armed with a warrant returned to the home Friday and discovered a dozen dogs that were not being watered or fed. Arapio said.

A source told CBS 5 News that someone had recently been hired to take care of DMX's dogs while he is in New York. Neighbors said they haven't seen DMX for several months.

nvestigators also found drug paraphernalia and a cache of weapons inside the home, according Arpaio.

Arpaio said it does not appear dogfighting was involved, just abuse of dogs.

Earl Simmons, 36, also known as DMX, was not at home when the raid occurred, according to deupties.

The animals were taken to the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office M.A.S.H. unit. The facility at the jail is no-kill animal shelter created to house and care for animals that have been abused or neglected by their caretakers and rescued by the Animal Cruelty Investigative Unit.

DMX has a history of law-enforcement run-ins.

In 1999, during a "Hard Knock Life" tour stop in Denver, he was arrested and later cleared in the stabbing and shooting of his mother.

In 2002, he pleaded guilty to animal cruelty for neglecting 13 pit bulls in his possession.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Can't all these millionaires find a productive or at least a non-destructive hobby?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
It's just a big part of that culture, that's why so many fellow sports stars and rappers who are from 'the streets' keep defending Vick.

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
I saw this at the gym this morning. For a big name rapper like that, his house looked like shit. :lol: I hope he gets punished for it though.

It's just a big part of that culture, that's why so many fellow sports stars and rappers who are from 'the streets' keep defending Vick.

:lol:

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Apparently his rich ass doesn't own a TV.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score

The unfortunate truth. Why don't they change it up to make these rich douchebags think, oh I dunno, that it's "cool" to donate to schools to improve education rather than fighting and beating on poor dogs! :wallbash: I hope he does some actual prison time, although it's doubtful. Besides, didn't DMX have that video with the dude holding a pitbull freaking out on a leash made of chains? :scratch:

EDIT: WOW, even worse than I remember... it actually showed TWO pitbulls being held apart with streams of furious saliva with two guys getting them ready to fight. :( Further pushing forward the stereotype that this is an acceptable part of their "culture" (and this is an OLD video, yet they thought it was an okay image to air on MTV?), fucking assholes. :noway: Note: Video contains lyrics that are NSFW!!!

I officially hate him. Although it appears his parents hated him too... I would change my name to something else if it were Earl.... that's SO fucking gangsta... pussy. :noway: Can the crime fit the punishment for once? Just tie him up in prison and stop giving him food and water.... what? It was acceptable for his dogs right....? :squint:

shadowgenesis

Yarrrrrr
Reaction score
I was just listening to one of his albums yesterday and the intro has likes dogs barking and stuff and DMX keeps saying "Get him boy!" I was pretty sure it was a dog-fight thing... I can't tell for sure. But he's always been about the pit bulls man. He "loves them". Or more realistically, thinks they're badass and probably thinks it's great to see them rip into eachother.

his lyrical content has always made him out to be a horrible human being... All he raps about is robbing and killing people. It's fuckin ridiculous.
That said, i like his voice.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
^ I always interpretted that part as him about to unleash dogs on someone else.

D

Desecrated

fucking morons, I'm so tired of hiphopers, cant they just shoot each other and be over with it. Especially the white hiphopers in sweden that trys to act like the guys on mtv. Pathetic.

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
^Anyone who acts like that is pathetic, and this guy is clearly worse than most.

Personally, I'd like to see him locked up with a bunch of hungry and seriously pissed of pitbulls... see how tough he is then.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Dear god, there's nothing that makes my blood boil more than animal cruelty. The bastard should be beaten, and left in confinement without food or water... See how the hell he like that kind of treatment.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
DMX has a history of law-enforcement run-ins.

In 1999, during a "Hard Knock Life" tour stop in Denver, he was arrested and later cleared in the stabbing and shooting of his mother.

In 2002, he pleaded guilty to animal cruelty for neglecting 13 pit bulls in his possession.

What a fucking shit stain of a human being.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I've always known this guy was the scum of the Earth, but he has 12 dogs that he just wants to torture and make suffer? The guy should go to jail... :noplease: I hope he loses fans, sales, and a whole lot more over this.

')