Rare guitars that you're looking for?

• Thread starter /wrists
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

/wrists

enthusiast
Reaction score
Are there any rare guitars that you're looking for? Discontinued models? High priced items?

Currently I'm looking for ESP Edwards E-HR 115D or an ESP Edwards E-HR 120D in all black used, but I can't seem to find one. (Let me know if you know any Japanese auction sites I could peruse.)

I saw one on eBay but it looks pretty beat-up and the pictures look intentionally low quality. (Also multiple postings different pricing)

https://guitarbell.com.tenpoga.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/DSCN9445.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
thread title does not match thread question :lol:

Not looking for anything rare. If a PRS artist V wraptail pops up for a sane price (given I paid under $3kCAD for a trem model) I'd be interested.

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
Well, not necessarily rare, but any PRS guitars that have killer blue/green tops are absolutely nonexistant. In all my time here in Finland, I've seen many sunbursts and other yellowish PRS guitars, but to have a blue/green Custom 24... just never ever on sale! I've browsed out local marketplace for years and never anything close.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Peavey CS Wolfgang GOTM - Haven’t seen one since, but back when they opened up the Peavey Custom Shop they had a promo where they made 12 “guitars of the month” and gave them away. They were to show off the possibilities.

Also…
Peavey CS Wolfgang P90 (Without You)
Peavey CS Wolfgang SSS (WTF is EVH?)
Peavey CS HP Pearloid tops (I have blue already)
EVH Custom Deluxe
EVH Wolfgang Striped Series (2010-ish)
Ibanez Gold I and II
Ibanez RG Time
Ibanez RG Gears
Ibanez JPM HAM 90th
Ibanez S21
Ibanez RGT3170 Purple (Japan market only)
Ibanez PR1660 Pink
Ibanez Rocket Roll II V Sunburst
Epiphone Amos V (Bonamassa LE)

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, not necessarily rare, but any PRS guitars that have killer blue/green tops are absolutely nonexistant. In all my time here in Finland, I've seen many sunbursts and other yellowish PRS guitars, but to have a blue/green Custom 24... just never ever on sale! I've browsed out local marketplace for years and never anything close.

Time to import?

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
I’m always on the look out for a good JEM77PMC with a) a lot of pink in the swirl, b) no fade and c) in great condition.

I have found several that meet one or two of my criteria, but never all three :(

John

New album out now: https://goo.gl/PdPVYh
Reaction score
1) 1990's ESP Eclipse builds have been few and far between in terms of availability, IME, especially the "USA Custom" builds from around '98 to '99. Can't speak from personal experience about the MA offerings for the Japanese market from around this timeframe, but those are relevant to my interests as well.

I know the US side has reopened on the west coast as well, but their older builds with the 24 fret + Floyd Rose configuration are infinitely preferable as far as I care. And they've been skimping out on that (ie- omitting one if not both of those areas of interest) across the board with their higher end builds over that particular model.

241651225_10223560869763056_412590996847344786_n.jpg

2) Early 1990's PRS CE and Custom 24 guitars. I like the thinner neck carves and smaller neck heel from the earlier 90's iterations. However, the only demerits (from an aesthetics perspective, anyway) for me would be finding more of them with relatively pale rosewood boards and natural maple headstocks in the case of some CE builds.

original.jpg

mbardu

Reaction score
I'm looking for a 89-91 Carvin DC 125 with fat body / slender hips, 24.75 scale neck through, big block inlays, black ebony board, and big logo on big pointy headstock. Koa would he a nice bonus.

josh1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Schecter Synyster Gates Hellraiser C-1 City of Evil reissue. Haven't seen one pop up on reverb for a few years now. I want one so bad.

manu80

Reaction score
-Jackson Kv1 korina or silver
-Floyd rose V24 arrow speedloader ( love korina V bit the trem system is a bit problematic nowadays
-Peavey HP margharita burst
-ESP kerry king

Edika

Reaction score
Gibson Explorer Voodoo. I should have purchased one from a guy I knew or from a couple of times they were on sale online for decent prices.
Now it's super rare, the examples you find are beat up and they ask stupid money for the..

Ataraxia2320

Reaction score
Two that I have been searching for for years:

1. Washburn Culpritt. Buddy of mine has one and it's one of the nicest guitars I've played despite not being super expensive at launch. One was sold near my hometown recently for 800. If I knew it was up for grabs I would have instantly pulled the trigger but it got snapped up quick.
dime.jpg

2. Yamaha cv820wb Wes Borland signiature model. The evil twin of the Fender Starcaster. Never seen one for sale in Europe.
wb.jpg

Runners up: Washburn Era Dimebag in Dimeslime. Parker Fly Supreme/Maxxfly. Yamaha Troy Van Leeuwen. Steinberger ZT3.

Latest posts

')