Rare guitars that you're looking for?

• Thread starter /wrists
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pat

Reaction score
The Epiphone Pierced SG
324351-SH-198-3710%20%282%29.JPG
I sold my pierced SG a couple of years back - you really aren't missing much, pretty crap tbh. Regardless, I remember seeing it when I was about 13 and thinking it was the coolest thing ever.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I sold my pierced SG a couple of years back - you really aren't missing much, pretty crap tbh. Regardless, I remember seeing it when I was about 13 and thinking it was the coolest thing ever.
Yeah, I wanted one as a kid. None of those guitars mentioned I'd personally use (besides the ML and maybe the Halberd). They're just collector objects that are significant to me in some way.

What I WOULD do, however, is get MLs based on the specs of those collector pieces as playable tributes that I would actually use

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've got my 2, rather 1 so far and 1 on the way, but I'd love to get an ESP Arrow 7 sometime. Definitely would like a KKW7 since it's the weirdest 7 I know of with a Kahler. There's no A7FRS variants to pick up, I wasn't a huge fan of the ocean burst quilt top of the one I had. Probably a Kelly 7 if they exist too, preferably Kahler but I'd take a floyd. Pics-----

upload_2021-10-18_11-8-36.png

upload_2021-10-18_11-9-3.png

upload_2021-10-18_11-10-15.png

stinkoman

Reaction score
Ibanez DCM100. Can't seem to find one, and when I do I can't justify the price they are usually asking. And a Hot pink Warlock to match my Pink Warlock bass.

xzacx

Reaction score
Probably a Kelly 7 if they exist too, preferably Kahler but I'd take a floyd. Pics-----

View attachment 98966
Not too many Kelly 7s out there but there are a few

Here's my favorite:
30199_Used_Christian_Wolbers_7_String_Kelly_COWJ7423_a_383x@3x.progressive.jpg

And one I used to own that had an Edge because Floyd 7s didn't exist at the time it was made. It wasn't a great guitar (amazing quality, but it was a bolt on since the body was solid quilt, which also led to atrocious upper fret access) but I'd buy it back in a second just for nostalgia since I was the original owner:
dsc025003am1.jpg

AltecGreen

Reaction score
Are there any rare guitars that you're looking for? Discontinued models? High priced items?

Currently I'm looking for ESP Edwards E-HR 115D or an ESP Edwards E-HR 120D in all black used, but I can't seem to find one. (Let me know if you know any Japanese auction sites I could peruse.)

I saw one on eBay but it looks pretty beat-up and the pictures look intentionally low quality. (Also multiple postings different pricing)

https://guitarbell.com.tenpoga.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/DSCN9445.jpg

Don't buy from eBay. The reason you see multiple listings for the same guitar is that the eBay listings are made by re-sellers who don't actually own the guitar. They buy it from the store in Japan when you win the bid and charge you a substantial fee.

The one you were looking at on eBay is sold by QSIC, a store in Japan. Here's the actual digimart listing from the store that has the guitar.

https://www.digimart.net/cat01/shop3580/DS07233440/

I found a much nicer Edwards E-HR 115D at Hardoff, a Japanese second hand store.

https://netmall.hardoff.co.jp/product/2437896/

John

New album out now: https://goo.gl/PdPVYh
Reaction score
Probably a Kelly 7 if they exist too

They exist, but are definitely few and far between. Apart from the custom shop that sporadically made a few over the years, I've seen a few old Jackson Stars production models float around the used market way back.

3639.jpg

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
They exist, but are definitely few and far between. Apart from the custom shop that sporadically made a few over the years, I've seen a few old Jackson Stars production models float around the used market way back.

3639.jpg

Those are cool for sure and I have seen them around but any guitar I'm gonna keep is gonna have a trem, idk why but I started with a floyd and I've never paid for a guitar without one. I will admit, those have great tops though and I'm not one for tops.

Could always put a kahler on it after the fact.

/wrists

enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for linking @AlecGreen.

Last edited:

Latest posts

')