Rare guitars that you're looking for?

• Thread starter /wrists
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Soya

Poor person
Reaction score
LTD rzk-600, it's funky and I dig it.

ltd_rzk600richard_rammstein.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
LTD rzk-600, it's funky and I dig it.

View attachment 98981
Had the esp version, my only real selling regret.
There was a Ventura or something model of another guitar (I may be way off, that’s just in my head) that’s very similar.
It was such an awesome guitar, got it super cheap because states people don’t know what they have or know the guitarist behind the band. Now they’re impossible to find and super expensive when you do locate one

Last edited:

mastapimp

Reaction score
Alex Skolnick Signature Heritage...had a chance to buy one years ago and haven't seen it since.

/wrists

enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the esp version, my only real selling regret.
There was a Ventura or something model of another guitar (I may be way off, that’s just in my head) that’s very similar.
It was such an awesome guitar, got it super cheap because states people don’t know what they have or know the guitarist behind the band. Now they’re impossible to find and super expensive when you do locate one

this was me when i had my alexi 600 sold it for 650 with hard shell case i was straight retarded

Pietjepieter

Contributor
Reaction score
I have enough guitars, but if one of below guitars pops up somewhere close to where I live I don't think I could resist...

Jericho fusion 8 string:
Fusion-8-8.jpg

ESP northlane thing:
hjyrk6po6vjrbmarui71.jpg

Defiantly would a Teuffel 8 string:
19011629.jpg

Damn to many cool guitars.

transyldavianhunger

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I would love to get ahold of a couple of rare baritones and one of two shreddier styled 12 strings:
(Another) Ibanez RG970XL, and a Jackson Doom Soloist; and either an Ibanez RT452 or a Carvin DC 12 string with the giant hockey stick headstock

Heroooh

Deer Napkin
Reaction score
Well, not necessarily rare, but any PRS guitars that have killer blue/green tops are absolutely nonexistant. In all my time here in Finland, I've seen many sunbursts and other yellowish PRS guitars, but to have a blue/green Custom 24... just never ever on sale! I've browsed out local marketplace for years and never anything close.

Not sure they even exist here :D too many traditionalists. Even the new ones (at Viiking Music for example) are a different shade of sunburst or yellow.

KyleG

Reaction score
Parker fly 7 string. Saw one on reverb a few years back that was ruined from an emg install gone wrong. Wanted $1500 for it…. I think about that guitar alot

People are getting $4k plus just for Hss parkers. I imagine a 7 string out probably run at $6k+

You really goofed by not buying that one hahaha.

EdWindows

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've been looking for an LTD V407B but it's looking like I'll probably have to build my own with how rare they are.

oracles

Reaction score
- My old Parker Maxxfly 7, dude I sold it to has seemingly vanished off the face of the earth. I've only seen one other one come up, but it was black and I want the tangerine or red model.

- One of the SL7s from the SSO run a few years back

- baritone explorer, and explorer 7

nedheftyfunk

Reaction score
They exist, but are definitely few and far between. Apart from the custom shop that sporadically made a few over the years, I've seen a few old Jackson Stars production models float around the used market way back.
Those are cool for sure and I have seen them around but any guitar I'm gonna keep is gonna have a trem, idk why but I started with a floyd and I've never paid for a guitar without one. I will admit, those have great tops though and I'm not one for tops.

Could always put a kahler on it after the fact.

I expect you are thinking of another line. The guitar in the picture is a semi-custom that I ordered new in 2007 and never sold. It was off the back of a limited run Jackson Stars did for Ikebe Gakki, the KE7-J2b, that were all straight black with striped ebony boards and moto inlays. The one in the picture has an ebony board, quilt veneer with black-burst, reverse pearl inlays & logo etc... Still plays great. Still sounds great. Still weighs a ton. Still has no upper fret access.

')