Rare Ibanez models

• Thread starter Alex-D33
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lefty robb

Shred like a mofo
Contributor
Reaction score
shitsøn;1817526 said:
1.jpg

holy fuck, those are really awesome. love that bass-look of the AFD. would love to see more natural and oil finishes like those in today's ibanez program.

Aside from the headstock, I always loved those. (Wonder if PRS had anything to say about those) Seeing as Ibanez has been in a huge reissuing frenzy, we can only hope.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hypermagic

Fusion Neophyte
Reaction score
Is that a MV-200 i spy? by all means man i want to see that!!

Dentom79

Reaction score
Picture0010.jpg

Ibanez RG548 NTM , I don't think alot of people know about this guitar.
It's a euro/japanese model only been produced 2 or 3 years in the late 90s and is special because of its ash body.

oh, and it's mine :hbang:

damaverick

Reaction score
6K for a guitar with an undisclosed accident that needed professional repair? :noway:

Yes. The accident was that a pile of JBL sandfilled super-subwoofers slid loose in our touring bus, and put a lot of weight on a few guitar and basses, stacked in theyr cases. This caused a pressure on the front of the body on my AFD and broke 3 pickup ears, and made a crack in the rear of the body. The guitar had to be completely disassembled and taken to a professional piano builder, who gently opened up the wound and used some special pearl based glue to glue the crack and then pressed it together in a vice that was built specially to contour the shape of the body. Of course repairs of this kind can never be perfect, but I think it came out great. The body did not loose any resonance ( due to the piano soundbottom pearl glue) and the pickups had the ears epoxied on again and work fine. All in all the only aesthetic minus on the guitar is my name on the headstock-nut cover and engraved on the tremolo. I have had this done to all my 50+ guitars since I was 8 years old, except for my acoustics. But all in all the guitar looks and works great.

rob_l

Reaction score
1991 S540FM, HSS in Trans Magenta - A color only made for a month or less on a single run... I got this in '05 or 6... :)

img_2355__800x600_.jpg

img_2351__800x600_.jpg

img_2353.jpg

img_2357__800x600_.jpg

img_2352__800x600_.jpg

Arctodus

king of the monsters
Reaction score
I don't have this anymore but it was alright. Later model RT650, I wanted the earlier one with the thicker neck. Sold it to buy an RG7X21 I've had for 4 months or so now. Pretty amazing seeing I kept selling electrics every other week.

Attachments

• IMG_0795.jpg
    IMG_0795.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 29

rob_l

Reaction score
^ Agreed, the RTs were badass - Love that teal one!! And the basis for AT's first sig model, before he moved to the SA body. :)

Thanks man - I used to be a die-hard Ibby freak. Now I'm a generalized freak. lol! :lol:

I'm sure you've all seen these, but they're fairly hard to come across and I love the execution on them. My pair of NAMM Puzzle Tops - Natty = Ovangkol and Flame Maple puzzle pieces, the red is Quilt and Flame puzzle pieces...

:yesway:

img_2146.jpg

img_1908.jpg

JacksonKE2Shred

Reaction score
^ Agreed, the RTs were badass - Love that teal one!! And the basis for AT's first sig model, before he moved to the SA body. :)

Thanks man - I used to be a die-hard Ibby freak. Now I'm a generalized freak. lol! :lol:

I'm sure you've all seen these, but they're fairly hard to come across and I love the execution on them. My pair of NAMM Puzzle Tops - Natty = Ovangkol and Flame Maple puzzle pieces, the red is Quilt and Flame puzzle pieces...

:yesway:

img_2146.jpg

img_1908.jpg

That Ovangkol and flame maple one is the best Ibanez i have ever seen. Rob your collection is just totally insane.

helly

Professional doofus.
Reaction score
That natural puzzle-top is unbelievable. Jesus. I don't even like Ibanez and I want that something awful!

')