Rare Ibanez models

• Thread starter Alex-D33
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
I've an RX350.

IMGP0022.jpg

The guitar and the pickups are not too common, I suppose. It plays and sounds fking amazing. It's pretty much my dream now to get a 7 string version of this built. I've never been too partial to the wizard neck. My brother's DY RG20 is nice, but the strat/tele neck on this thing is otherworldly. It would make an amazing 7.

Pretty damn nice:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

afireinside

Reaction score
I just bought a 442 R (radius) 1991 the other day were made 1 year basically a strat, maple neck, alder body.

442whole.jpg

442rhead.jpg

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The Turbot, Ballback, AFD-40/45 and Maxxas are four of my all-time favourite "golden era" Ibanez guitars. They were doing a load of experimentation in the late '80s and came up with some stellar designs.

Jemm

Reaction score
Of the rare Ibanez birds currently have in my collection:

Maxxas MX-2
Maxxas MX-3
540P tripple bucker
540P2 24-frets
540R LTD AANJ

On the look-out for Maxxas MX-5, 580T, WRB-3.

Also big sucker for the Fender Performer.....

611466.JPG

Alex-D33

Golderak is King
Contributor
Reaction score
Of the rare Ibanez birds currently have in my collection:

Maxxas MX-2
Maxxas MX-3
540P tripple bucker
540P2 24-frets
540R LTD AANJ

On the look-out for Maxxas MX-5, 580T, WRB-3.

Also big sucker for the Fender Performer.....

611466.JPG

Holly!! shit !! nice collection :yesway:
Trade me one of your maxxas for my UV777BK
:rolleyes:

Jemm

Reaction score
The 540p2 and 540p come regulary for sale on flybay. Do know of neck thru example of 540p2 out there, and would love to have piece of that.

The Maxxas is some what more rare, although seen few of them sell over the years. Actually know 1-2 for sale as we speak.

From the Maxxas MX-5 I have only seen one example for sale in last few years, and some lucky chap outbid me.

Most Artfield owners know what they have and demand serious money for their puppies.

pink freud

Reaction score
$6000 :eek:

No offense, but I'd get Roter or somebody to make me one for a fraction of that price.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why does the trem have both the saddle lock down screw of a lo pro style trem, but also the screw with the spring on it that attaches to the back of the trem ala strats?

5th pic...

Ibanez Artfield AFD45BG 1989 - Guitar museum

There's no saddle lock down screw. That's not a locking bridge.

If you're asking why it has screws to keep the saddles on the baseplate (opposed to moving freely like a strat) it's simply the design of the bridge. I believe Ibanez thought it would increase sustain.

67035-5.jpg

Spondus

Reaction score
as badass as that thing is, nobody is going to spend anywhere near that amount of money on it

damaverick

Reaction score
$6000 :eek:

No offense, but I'd get Roter or somebody to make me one for a fraction of that price.

Well. Roter cant build you a original Ibanez one, now would he? :)

It would be like building a Kit Car of a ferrari enzo, but it would not BE a ferrari enzo ;)

as badass as that thing is, nobody is going to spend anywhere near that amount of money on it

Maybe not. But there are a lot of collectors out there, and most of them would not sell theyrs for any amount of money.

That is also why I set this price, if you want it, this what I want for it :)

It is a matter of demand and supply. Considering that those guitars have a production number of 70+, this is not a high price. You can buy a replica of a eric clapton fender and it would cost you even more than 6Km but it would not be a guitar that ever was in the hands of eric clapton, but a replica. Still very expensive. :)

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
No, it would just look and function EXACTLY THE SAME.

Thats my favorite guitar ibanez has ever made. SOOOOO ergonomic it just gives me the git-fiddles I'd love to have one.

The price is an absolute joke though. Sorry but theres no magic behind a name and the people round here don't have that silly fender / gibson purist attitude where they think the stars are going to align when you play the guitar just because its old and it has a brand stamped on its headstock.

Personally I could give a shit what factory its built in I'm only concerned that it functions properly and quality is up to par and I know getting one custom made for a third of the price will get me both of those things and maybe even some extra mods for my personal taste. Not to mention the extra time and care that would go into it being handmade by an individual luthier instead of made in a large factory quick to get the next guitar out the door.

My apologies I just think the collectors attitude is silly. I don't buy guitars for collectors value to hang on my wall and think about how pretty it looks and how much money I spent on it. I buy them to play them.

Granted your entitled to not want to get rid of it. I once saw a guy put his old jazz bass on ebay for something like 100,000$ just because his wife wanted him to get rid of it and having the ad up made his wife think he was actually trying to sell it. :lol:

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
1.jpg

1.jpg

holy fuck, those are really awesome. love that bass-look of the AFD. would love to see more natural and oil finishes like those in today's ibanez program.

Latest posts

')