Rate my Live Guitar TONE?

Viaticus

Reaction score

Hey Sevenstring.org Users. I have a song I wrote and I recorded for my bands EP a month ago at the Basement Recording Studios NC with Jamie King(Between the Buried and Me, Last Chance to Reason, Human Abstract) that i want to share with you guys. He was kind enough to do the production. Its recorded with a EVH 5150 III head and a RG2228 modded with Lungren pickups. Does anyone dig the tone? Or does anyone dig the riffs? Or is it just me?:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gregmarx7

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm definitely digging this, nice work.
But I do agree that the guitar could cut through the mix a little more.

Viaticus

Reaction score
It's not really live, is it...

It could cut better, but yeah it sounds decent.

Yeah. Ive been using the exact same things I recorded with. All in the same settings and they work pretty good live. So that's the settings for the live guitar tone. NS2 and TS9DX KEELEY MOD and the MAXON OD808 and MXR TEN BAND EQUALIZER. All on the same settings.:hbang:

Joelan

Ukulele Shredder
Reaction score
If I heard that live my ears would be very happy.

It seems rare these days for live mixes at small venues at least to be anywhere near decent.

Viaticus

Reaction score
If I heard that live my ears would be very happy.

It seems rare these days for live mixes at small venues at least to be anywhere near decent.

As would mine good sir. I agree completely with that statement.

A lot of small venues sound guys are ignorant of their boards.

Take note anyone that reads this. Never let a guy who is wearing a pink cowboy hat run your sound when you play out ha :lol:

ZackP3750

Reaction score
A lot of small venues sound guys are ignorant of their boards.

There is one venue in my town that pulls in some good shows but they have such shitty sound I've basically given up going there. Unless there's a band playing that knows exactly how they want their sound and will do the soundguy's work (Tosin ran from stage -> soundboard -> stage -> soundboard when he soundchecked here), its not even worth going.

That being said, I like your tone but agree with everyone's sentiments as far as cutting through. And the riffs are pretty gnarly as well :hbang:

Viaticus

Reaction score
There is one venue in my town that pulls in some good shows but they have such shitty sound I've basically given up going there. Unless there's a band playing that knows exactly how they want their sound and will do the soundguy's work (Tosin ran from stage -> soundboard -> stage -> soundboard when he soundchecked here), its not even worth going.

That being said, I like your tone but agree with everyone's sentiments as far as cutting through. And the riffs are pretty gnarly as well :hbang:

That's similiar to my situation. thanks bro :hbang:

Latest posts

')