Raw death metal content.

• Thread starter asilayamazing
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OpenSea

Autotunes his farts.
Reaction score
sounds like you're off to a good start.

here's my two cents: pop open whatever daw or tape deck you're recording to, and just jam with these riffs in mind until lightning strikes and you have elaborated on them enough to have a few minutes of material. then you can start cutting and organizing and making things flow like a complete song. there isn't really much of an answer for what you "should" do besides "whatever the hell you feel like doing". listen to some tracks by bands you want to fit in with and try to imitate what you think they would do.

since this is in the studio forum i suspect you're looking for some technical input. why don't you tell us how you recorded this and what YOU think of it, and what you're hoping to hear.

asilayamazing

Reaction score
sounds like you're off to a good start.

here's my two cents: pop open whatever daw or tape deck you're recording to, and just jam with these riffs in mind until lightning strikes and you have elaborated on them enough to have a few minutes of material. then you can start cutting and organizing and making things flow like a complete song. there isn't really much of an answer for what you "should" do besides "whatever the hell you feel like doing". listen to some tracks by bands you want to fit in with and try to imitate what you think they would do.

since this is in the studio forum i suspect you're looking for some technical input. why don't you tell us how you recorded this and what YOU think of it, and what you're hoping to hear.
good advice! ya thats exactly what i did :lol: i started recording with only the first riff, and the others just kinda came to be :lol: this is cut up already ha. ya im thinking tommorow ill add some drums to the first riff, and see what else i can come up with after/between the other riffs.

as for the rest. i think its ok, maybe i should double track the alternating part with the low harmony and put the higher melody in the middle... but im not sure if the second riff is too much of a "jolt" in a different direction...it may sound better as a backing rhythm for a solo:scratch: i could see it in the first riffs spot building up to that one but, IDK.

Reaction score
yea i dont think the second riff fits well...leans a little to close to metalcore to fit the flow of the song

asilayamazing

Reaction score
yea i dont think the second riff fits well...leans a little to close to metalcore to fit the flow of the song
:lol: ill throw a single note pedal tone riff in there instead. lol. im gonna add some drums and bass prob to the beginning ill upload it later today :)

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
The one note chugging in the second riff is pretty boring, but it like the harmony bit it has at the end.

asilayamazing

Reaction score
update W/ DRUMS!!!
re-recorded intro cause my mic got bumped or something:noplease:
no bass yet. soon.:ugh:
intro+other part, didnt make it to the harmony yet
i think i might just write this one as i go with the drums...

6-28+drums by asilayamazing on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free:)

What do you guys think? harmony next?
Also hows the kick sound to you guys?

EDIT: nothings done to the guitars at all yet, theyre not booming are they? i cant tell in my "phones".

via

Reaction score
sounds pretty cool to me :)
but the guitar sound seems to be very roomy, if you're recording in a bad sounding room you just might turn down the volume of the amp a bit, to get less of the reflexions/room sound captured.
for more guitar definition you could try to cut around 250hz.

i like the kick sound a lot, very saturated
what amp & mic are you using btw?

asilayamazing

Reaction score
sounds pretty cool to me :)
but the guitar sound seems to be very roomy, if you're recording in a bad sounding room you just might turn down the volume of the amp a bit, to get less of the reflexions/room sound captured.
for more guitar definition you could try to cut around 250hz.

i like the kick sound a lot, very saturated
what amp & mic are you using btw?
cool. im using a peavey ultra plus on the lead w/reso on loose gain 2-3/4 treb 8 mid 6 bass 6
chain is comp(sust-9o'clock level-12o'clock) noise gate-ts808 0,2 o'clock,max->amp

recorded with shure sm58 with the capsule screwed off, and a mxl3000 bout 6 inches behind it 2-3 below sm58.

ill try re-recording with my amp on full wattage its on half right now with the master cranked. but on full it sounds tighter/cleaner at lower volume. but half is more t00by/saturated at the same amount.

ya that kick was a lot of work :lol:

EDIT: i need to re-record anyway cause theres finger noise in the intro riff when switching chords :rofl:

sh4z

Reaction score
Sounds good man :metal: got some good riffs in there. This has potential!

Reaction score
Some good riffs in there, and a really nice harmony part. Keep it up :metal:

asilayamazing

Reaction score
UPDATE AGAIN!
same parts re-recorded cleaner, and turned down the gain on the "room mic" to address the roomy sound. also recorded these on full power with resonance switched to medium(also to help not sound so big/ "roomy")

i think the whole thing sounds cleaner and tighter now....:idea:
thoughts?
6-28+drums+tighter by asilayamazing on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

im thinking of adding the bass next, while i think of the next brutal riff :hbang:

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE COMMENTS/SUGGESTIONS!!!!

asilayamazing

Reaction score
UPDATE+bass
alright i got the bass in there. its clean line, not super super tight.
but just testing the bass right now, im new to the bass mixing.
any help would be nice.

what do you think?:)

6-28+drums+tighter+bass by asilayamazing on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

the first part the bass is playing along the second riff the bass kinda does a pedal tone "boppy" kind of thing.
if you guys can hear it :lol: i was think of changing the cymbal hits to the bass high notes on the second riff.

')