(re)NGD Ibanez 7680 LTD 1 (skervesen.eu modded)

• Thread starter Lothar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
looks like they did a great job on it :yesway:

how do you like the pickups? i've tried several BKP as well as a M7 in my 7680, but i always end coming back to the Dimarzio Evolution 7.

Lothar

Reaction score
looks like they did a great job on it :yesway:

how do you like the pickups? i've tried several BKP as well as a M7 in my 7680, but i always end coming back to the Dimarzio Evolution 7.

Well, before I went for the Painkiller/Aftermath I got a M7/Dimarzio PAF7 configuration. And it sounded good, well in retrospect I can say that it sounded even very good. But it lacked that "something" I wanted.

But since I heard the Painkiller in my friends guitars I knew that this pickup is perfect for me :)
And it is, it's crystal clear, I can play some weird chors with ringing strings that are separate from each other. And I love that. Also it does djent, lol.

But seriously, I am really a fan of BKPs. And I thought it's just a snobistic trend going on, mea culpa.

mondomg

Reaction score
If I may add, I have also played this specific guitar and it was perhaps the best sounding Ibanez I've ever played, and this comes from an Ibby-sceptic. It djents, it sings, it shines and dances - it also doesn't hurt it's the best looking factory Ibanez there ever was ;)

AJD000M

Reaction score
I wish Ibanez would still put the 7680, and 1077xl out every few years, and actually release them in the states. I'd love to pick one, or both up. Now all they put out is lower end models, and it seems like thats all major music shops around me carry. WHAT HAPPENED TO HAVE QUALITY PRODUCTS!?!

')