Reamping help?

mvhp

Reaction score
I've been trying for a while to figure out how to reamp with my ux2 (to a real amp, not different sims) and from what I've gathered I can't do it because Line 6 decided not to include the ability to send audio out. Is this right?
If it is do I need another interface to do this or is there another way?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
I don't know anything aout Line 6 gear but I presume it has a headphone output or something. Outputs are outputs :) You want to send an unprocessed clean signal straight out through a reamp box to your amp. The reamp box isn't needed to make it 'work', but it is technically necessary and you may have noise if you don't use one.

jackfiltraition

Reaction score
you don't want to be feeding line level signal into instrument level inputs IE headphone or speaker outs to a guitar amp! So a reamp box is most defiantly necessary!! Once you have a reamp box you could go about it like this:

Pan your dry tracks over to hard Right inside your DAW, send the signal to the reamp box from the ux2's right analog out, go from output of the reamp box to your amp (which by this time is mic'd up)...
The rest is pretty obvious from there. Let me know if there is anything you need help with from there...