Rebuilding RG1570 body

Magrino

14 year guitar noob
Reaction score
Greetings all,

This is my first post! Although I've creeped these forums for a long time I've just become a member.

Here's what I'm doing:

I wanted a blackmachine guitar SO badly, but the money and wait time are just too much of a negative factor for me. SO, I studied Doug's building techniques.

I don't like the sound of my RG prestige's basswood body, (& the subsequent floyd rose metal on metal tone to compensate for the mellow tone...) and have decided to re-create the same shape RG body but with a chambered swamp ash body with an ebony top. I also don't use the floyd at all so that's gonna be replaced with a Schaller "Hannes" bridge.

chambered body template: (rear rout)
Warmoth Custom Guitar Parts - Chambered Strat Body

And I've yet to decide on what wood provider to get my Swamp Ash/Ebony from. I'm considering either exotic woods or Gilmer, (Gilmer is cheaper)

I'm hoping it's gonna sound maaassive with the chambered swamp ash, and a lot cheaper than a Blackmachine. I also have a local luthier (best friends' step dad) who's gonna help me build this in his woodshop.

I'm also replacing my locking nut with a Ebonal replacement and putting locking Sperzel tuners on my Prestige neck.

Wish me luck! I'll update with pictures of the wood as soon as I get it.

:shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

astm

Reaction score
good luck!! hope to see pictures of your progress soon

')