Recabinet 3

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Anyone else got it or the demo? I downloaded the demo and tried using it, but I found it was so memory-hogging that it was unusable. A simple VST head into the Recabinet 3 demo and my laptop crashed, every time, and it's not an unpowerful machine. If I hear decent results from it I might get it once I've got a more powerful machine specifically for recording because I love Recabinet 2.1.

Recabinet

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

String7th

Reaction score
May be time for a computer upgrade. These days a single core and 1 gig of ram will be crashed by 1 instance of Lextac/Lecab2.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
May be time for a computer upgrade. These days a single core and 1 gig of ram will be crashed by 1 instance of Lextac/Lecab2.

I'm running a Dual-Core machine with 4GB of RAM which I've optimized for audio performance. I can run 4 guitar tracks that hav 6 VSTs each with no problems, but Recabinet 3 won't work at all. LeCab with 3 cabs per track for 4 tracks is no problem, yet one track of Recab 3 with one cab is a fucking nightmare :lol:

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
I'm running a Dual-Core machine with 4GB of RAM which I've optimized for audio performance. I can run 4 guitar tracks that hav 6 VSTs each with no problems, but Recabinet 3 won't work at all. LeCab with 3 cabs per track for 4 tracks is no problem, yet one track of Recab 3 with one cab is a fucking nightmare :lol:

i have no golfing clue what language that was or what the golf you were talking about :lol:

but it sounds professional!!! :hbang:

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
I never liked any of the Recab 2 stuff, but I'm definitely going to give this a try.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
I was a big fan of Recabinet 2. In my opinion the only way to get a good dose of power amp distortion feel from a modeller... just wish I could find a program to allow the use of the impulses on the fly so I can hear what the tone will be like in real time.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I was a big fan of Recabinet 2. In my opinion the only way to get a good does of power amp distortion feel from a modeller... just wish I could find a program to allow the use of the impulses on the fly so I can hear what the tone will be like in real time.

Tried LeCab 2.0? I swear by it.

String7th

Reaction score
Are you able to use the new Recabinet impulses in Lecab2? That would be my guess to fix the recabi3's VST asio-hog issue.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Are you able to use the new Recabinet impulses in Lecab2? That would be my guess to fix the recabi3's VST asio-hog issue.

Not in the demo. Also, I think my laptop is bugging out so it may not be a Recabinet problem at all. Not sure what though :scratch:

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Shit... These sound really... Good!

I also get a $60 upgrade... Need to experiment a little more.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
^Fucked up? :nuts:

Just got my $60 upgrade.

armanikane

Reaction score
Looks like they left out the option for the 6L6 or EL34 power tubes like they had in 2.1.... wonder why??

Megaikke

Reaction score
Testing:

Here is a clip of a song with fully processed guitars and Sperimental:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13294902/PRECAB test.wav

Here is a clip of Recab without EQs or any post processing, from same exact source:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13294902/RECAB test.wav

Might have to buy this. After some EQ it is sounding really tasty.

BTW, cut-outs are due to it still being a DEMO.

Tasty!

The demo used up alot of my cpu also but I assumed it was because it was a demo... Anyway I qualify for the free upgrade so :fawk: Im defo getting it so tweaking will commence asap lol

Bobo

Reaction score
Armada are those links still good? I'm going to try this myself, but want to hear what others can do and what they think of Recab 3.

')