Recomend me a 7 string pickup

• Thread starter DBDbadreligion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DBDbadreligion

Reaction score
hi i have an rg7620 and i have the action as low as it goes and the pickups screwed in as low as they go. the pups are just to loud for me, can anyone recomend me a nice lower output 7 string pup? maybe SD's or dimarzio.
how are the paf7's? are they lower? what about the SD jazz set?

write back

thanks

nick

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll write right back.

I'd say the PAF7 set or the SD Jazz-7 set. They'll get ya where ya beed to go. Possibly the Blaze Neck.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
In regards to the DiMarzio PAF7:

-"Hey, how were Katie Holmes' tits?"
-"You know the Holocaust?
-"Yeah..."
-"The EXACT opposite of that!"
-"Niiiicce"-

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
PAF's are my first bet too! But for low output chug, a Blaze neck in the bridge might suit your needs too...

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nah, that's not very good advice IMO. I've tried the Blaze Neck in the bridge, and it has GREAT tone, especially for leads and power chords, but the one thing it completely is miserable at is "chug", palm mutes or really any bite or attack on the low B. The PAF on the other hand, is the master of low end clarity, punch, articulation, etc.

The Blaze neck in the bridge is the way to go for amazing leads, but for all-around, the PAF7 is king.

Disclaimer: My experience with the PAF7 was exclusively in mahogany. In basswood it might not be the same. The Blaze neck might work better in basswood than it did in mahogany.

Ibycan7

Reaction score
zimbloth said:
Nah, that's not very good advice IMO. I've tried the Blaze Neck in the bridge, and it has GREAT tone, especially for leads and power chords, but the one thing it completely is miserable at is "chug", palm mutes or really any bite or attack on the low B. The PAF on the other hand, is the master of low end clarity, punch, articulation, etc.

The Blaze neck in the bridge is the way to go for amazing leads, but for all-around, the PAF7 is king.

Disclaimer: . The Blaze neck might work better in basswood than it did in mahogany.

Zimbloth, don't you have to put the disclamer, before you give your information out so that way, if it does not apply to the person we can read over it :)

I mean, I could have the same opinion about the pickup and then say " My experience with the PAF7 was exclusively in a guitar made out of Cardboard. In basswood it might not be the same" anyone without a guitar made out of cardboard could bypass my opinion as it does not apply to them.

lol I'm just kidding. I work for a insurance company so I get a kick out of disclamers.

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
a buddy of mine had a Blaze neck in the bridge of a 7620 and it was great for chug and smooth leads. I'd be curious to hear a PAF in basswood (since i've no experience with it other than in mahogany).

EdgeCrusher

Reaction score
I love the Jazz 7 in the neck of my 7621, its smooth and sweet, and still has alot of clarity and sustain. It sounds great in basswood. Perfect for smooth or fast leads and excells at cleans; with the coils split the clean sound is heavenly, almost acoustic sounding. I actually prefer my Jazz-7 to the Air Norton in my 6 string, which was kinda weird for me since I love Petrucci.

It would be cool to try the Jazz in the bridge, but im thinking it might be a bit bassy, but who knows? The JB is also a very versatile pickup and is a great match for the Jazz, but it is fairly high output. If you want a nice mellow sound, Id say go for the Jazz in the neck and maybe try a '59 or a PAF in the bridge.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I've heard that the Jazz at the bridge absolutely slays. Knowing the absolute clarity of that pickup, I think that it's surely true :agreed:

nhersom

Banned
Reaction score
Nobody hear likes the Evo-7? I think that is about the most all around pickup dimarzio makes. My friend has one in his 1527 playing through a 6505+ and it sounds sick.

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
nhersom said:
Nobody hear likes the Evo-7. I think that is about the most all around pickup dimarzio makes. My friend has one in his 1527 playing through a 6505+ and it sounds sick.

ugh wrong..look around everyone loves the evo.

DBDbadreligion

Reaction score
well i have heard the evo is pretty loud
my new 7 pups in the 7620 are to loud so im going for lower output, so maybe the SD jazz set, or a paf in the bridge. also is the 59 a loud pickup or is it like a paf?

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
nhersom said:
I wasn't being literal. Just nobody had said anything about it yet.

Because he's asking for low output pickups

nhersom

Banned
Reaction score
Do you think that the evo could be the reason for having a loud humming noise at high volumes on an amp even when noise suppressed

DBDbadreligion

Reaction score
nhersom said:
Do you think that the evo could be the reason for having a loud humming noise at high volumes on an amp even when noise suppressed
maybe, or something isnt grounded correctly

is the 59 a low output pup?

Latest posts

')