Recomend me a 7 string pickup

• Thread starter DBDbadreligion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
I've never heard the Jazz-7 at the bridge, but I've heard (and played) the 6-string Jaz at the bridge.

Br00tal. Clarity, punch, and sustain. It won't everdrive the shit out of your amp, but if you have lots of gain on tap, it's a heavy bastard. Sounds a bit like a low-output version of the D Sonic 7.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DBDbadreligion

Reaction score
well i cant get hte 59' b/c it's only a single conductor so i guess it's either the sh-4 or the paf for the bridge.
do SD and dimarzio work well together?

EdgeCrusher

Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
Br00tal. Clarity, punch, and sustain. It won't everdrive the shit out of your amp, but if you have lots of gain on tap, it's a heavy bastard. Sounds a bit like a low-output version of the D Sonic 7.

Hmm, thats got me very interested in trying out the Jazz in the bridge. Ive only had my D-Sonic 7 for a few days, and I love everything about it except for this single coil type quack im getting and it seems to have slightly less oomph than the JB. I was just wishing earlier today that I could have a pickup with the punch of the JB with the clarity and tight bass of the D-Sonic, so maybe the Jazz in the bridge would be it? :idea:

As for mixing SD and Dimarzio, it should be just fine.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
DBDbadreligion said:
well it says it's a single conductor on music123
LOL, I don't trust any of those sites for specs.

InTheRavensName

Dog says yes ^.^ Yes
Reaction score
The JB and 59 in my C7 are pretty low output...I'm actually going to change them for PAFs

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
InTheRavensName said:
The JB and 59 in my C7 are pretty low output...I'm actually going to change them for PAFs
A JB is not a low output pickup by any means, There are hotter, but it's pretty kicking for a passive.

:wavey:

DBDbadreligion

Reaction score
ok well it souns like either the SD jazz in the neck mixed with a paf7 in the bridge or a SD jazz in the neck mixed with a SD 59' in the bridge.

Briggs

7-string noob
Reaction score
ok well it souns like either the SD jazz in the neck mixed with a paf7 in the bridge or a SD jazz in the neck mixed with a SD 59' in the bridge.

or maybe a jazz(n)/jazz(b) or 59(n)/59(b) <---these combos may have more consistency:cool:

honesty, I'm thinking of the low output pickups because they seem really flexable. Later on, if you want more output from them, you can use a booster. Plus, you can experiment with different levels of boost.

BOOSTER-ed2f9869707429d9c0bbacf95d7b5ee4.jpg

')