Recomend me some new tunes...

• Thread starter GH0STrider
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GH0STrider

Resident Gangsta
Reaction score
I'm so burnt out on everything. So recomend me some new music. Something catchy both vocally and musically would be nice.

Thanks everyone.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Labrie

King of the Swing
Reaction score
What'd considered 'new' to you? Recently I've been listening to stuff from 10 Years, Swallow the Sun, Threat Signal, Soilwork and Bloodsimple (who by the way has a new album coming out at the end of the month I hear). It's a broad spectrum of genres but definitely worth listening to imo.

GH0STrider

Resident Gangsta
Reaction score
What'd considered 'new' to you? Recently I've been listening to stuff from 10 Years, Swallow the Sun, Threat Signal, Soilwork and Bloodsimple (who by the way has a new album coming out at the end of the month I hear). It's a broad spectrum of genres but definitely worth listening to imo.

new to me is something I haven't heard before.

Labrie

King of the Swing
Reaction score
They kick ass \m/

Omg do they ever. For some reason I never used to listen to their second album much but I went back recently and played it and it's pretty damn good. All their stuff is damn good :hbang:

Lucky Seven

Lucky☆Seven
Reaction score
Scorpions "Tokyo Tapes" contains all the Scorpions songs you've never heard (the good ones, lol). Or maybe Electric Sun. Hell, anything with Uli Jon Roth.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
When I'm burnt out on everything, I like to surf myspace.

Stuff with vocals is not my strong suit, but I'd say check out Freak Kitchen if you have not yet done so.

Instrumental stuff I'd reccomend- Spastic Ink, Matthias IA Eklundh, Estradasphere, anything to do with Buckethead, Ron Jarzombek's solo stuff, Dave Martone, amybe some Django. :)

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
new to me is something I haven't heard before.

way to go! :lol:

the hilarity comes from the fact that you both:
A) are burnt out on EVERYTHING, so suggesting anything would mean that you've already heard it, and if that's not the case, then
B) you don't list any groups / genres that you're burnt out on, so again, we're not sure what to suggest to you.

is it metal in general that's not pushing your buttons anymore?

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Al DiMeola is a good listen to get off the beaten metal.

If you can get some Neil Haverstick, it's cool stuff, too...but again I'm an instrumental guy, so I don't know much about vocals...except-

Owain Phyfe and the New World Renaissance Band. Great vocals and some pretty nice guitar playing, if you're into the Renaissance-type playing. :D

GH0STrider

Resident Gangsta
Reaction score
way to go! :lol:

the hilarity comes from the fact that you both:
A) are burnt out on EVERYTHING, so suggesting anything would mean that you've already heard it, and if that's not the case, then
B) you don't list any groups / genres that you're burnt out on, so again, we're not sure what to suggest to you.

is it metal in general that's not pushing your buttons anymore?

I just asked people to recomend me some new stuff to listen to basically. If your going to overread it and try and make me look like an ass then your suggestions are irrelevant and I'd kindly ask you to post somewhere else.

Britney Spears new album is just about to come out. :)

:scratch:

:idea:
Well now that she is out of shape and less sexually desirable to some I might actually have a shot at her. So I'm in on that sir!

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
sorry to pee in your cereal ;)

but, as you can see, i followed up my wisecrack with an actual question, which is sorta geared towards helping you find something new. what is it that you're burnt on?

F1Filter

Contributor
Reaction score
Al DiMeola is a good listen to get off the beaten metal.
:agreed:

One of my top 10 fave albums of all time.
51DsNf6-SHL._AA240_.jpg

Latest posts

')