Recommend a cab from two notes

• Thread starter pablometal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pablometal

Reaction score
Hello! i recently downloaded wall of sounds just to try it and it's amazing, sounds really natural and now i wanna make my first purchase (well i already bought a license from ebay which included 8 cabs but 3 of them are usable) and buy a great sounding cab but.. since there's a lot in the list it's taking endless so i wanna ask which one would you buy?

I already have(4x12):
Angl Pro30
Brit vintC
Calif StdC
GreenArtC
GreenArtO

I'm tempted to buy Fortin Custom Diffuser but i'm not quite sure and i wanna be sure since there's a lot and i don't really want to start buying them all ahha

Thanks i advance

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rokket2005

Reaction score
Bogreen is maybe the best cab they make. I also like Racktofire more than the official Mesa rectifier cabs, and the Britgreen cabs, especially Pairs which has weird mics is great sounding too.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
You can try every cab they offer so just try everything that looks cool to you. Different cabs work with different amps. I have the whole Fortin pack and it’s got a lot of great stuff. The diffuser has been my least favorite Fortin cab so far, but I have at least 10 more amps to try with it.

pablometal

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers!, i have a question:

has anyone had problem loading the presets? i just did a preset and saved it, then i loaded it again and the mic i used disappeared from the list!

DudeManBrother

Reaction score
Yeah there are definitely little annoying glitches. Sometimes the mic switch is only on the display but the saved mic from the preset is still in use. Mine gets a little glitchy when I save my own IRs. They sound great when I load them, but get shitty artifacts when I go to a saved file.

DudeManBrother

Reaction score
Not sure if I’ve seen mics completely disappear though.

pablometal

Reaction score
Not sure if I’ve seen mics completely disappear though.
well.. watch this

This is supposed to be right side:
9GS9zJq.png

And left side:
Z7VdnHk.png

notice how it changed all the mics :S i did a preset some minutes ago with the angl pro30 and a BLX414 mic and sounded great, then it disappeared from the list :scratch:

but i noticed it happens when i surf through the cabs online, then if i go back to my angl pro30 the previous mic list is still there :scratch:

edit: well i emailed them this post, hope they fix it.

DudeManBrother

Reaction score
well.. watch this

This is supposed to be right side:
9GS9zJq.png

And left side:
Z7VdnHk.png

notice how it changed all the mics :S i did a preset some minutes ago with the angl pro30 and a BLX414 mic and sounded great, then it disappeared from the list :scratch:

but i noticed it happens when i surf through the cabs online, then if i go back to my angl pro30 the previous mic list is still there :scratch:

edit: well i emailed them this post, hope they fix it.
Were you saving presets with “online” mics? Or using mics you already own?

pablometal

Reaction score
Were you saving presets with “online” mics? Or using mics you already own?
nope, i was just switching between presets, but nvm, i just bought fortin custom diffuser and sounds super good, i really like it! I'm using line 6 fatality amp which sounds great with my fishman pickups.. they are a bit lo-fi so the fatality is the only one that doesn't sound muddy.

Also wanna buy a second IR, i really love how it sounds.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Before I sold my Torpedo, I used one of the Engl cabs. Can't remember, I think it was one of the stock ones. Angl VintC or something?

4Eyes

Reaction score
Bogreen and the one based on mesa 412 recto closed, not sure the exact name - I can get pretty cool heavy tones out of them..but prefer bogreen because of it's massive lowend, that complements well my low watt amp

')