Recommend AWESOME hard-tail Prestige Ibanez 7s

• Thread starter Ironside
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ironside

Reaction score
So, I've decided that I'm starting to hate Floyd Rose bridges; hard tails are so much simpler, I never use the tremolo and I like to switch up my tuning without making a day of it.

What are some awesome PRESTIGE Ibanez 7-strings that you would recommend?

I just bought (and LOVE) the Rg752lwfx, it's my absolute FAVORITE guitar! The fixed bridge is nice and the locking tuners are a nice plus!

Any similar guitars out there you guys like? I was thinking about replacing my Apex100 with an RGD7UC - any thoughts on that?

IMG_9810.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
RGD and the UC version of it

15271 (discontinued and pretty rare, though)

Newer 752 models. Various finishes and tops available in this format.

s2k9k

Reaction score
I can highly recommend the RGD2127FX or RGD7UC. The tight end-R bridge is unreal.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
New Ibanez Rg752FXWM is what you are looking for.

Oil finished Mahogany Body, Wenge Veneer, Maple + Wenge Neck and Maple fretboard. Dimarzios Paf 7s and a Gibraltar II bridge.

10865955_10152986098030813_1204435149746280965_o.jpg

ibanez-rg752wmfxol_body_back.jpg

Tzar27

Reaction score
People have pretty much covered my knowledge of hardtail Ibanez Prestiges, but I can't recommend Carvin enough. A DC700 with the thin neck profile option might be something you're interested in!

vkw619

Inspired Beginner
Reaction score
RGD2127FX. Tight End R bridge is just perfect imo. Extra scale length is great in any setting and I'm biased because it single handedly got me back into guitar playing. And as someone who has played the Gibraltar bridges, I can't STAND them, even the new ones but YMMV

Ironside

Reaction score
RGD2127FX. Tight End R bridge is just perfect imo. Extra scale length is great in any setting and I'm biased because it single handedly got me back into guitar playing. And as someone who has played the Gibraltar bridges, I can't STAND them, even the new ones but YMMV

What do you dislike about the Gibraltar bridge?

Does the extra length in a 26.5" scale eliminate the buzzing from tuning down to A?

fantasyl

Reaction score
Rg752FXWM it's a real beauty, wow! but while I tried and can't recommend enough the tight end r7, I never tried the newer Gibraltar bridges (they ruined their reputation with the older models IMHO...they will have a hard time recovering it).

OP I can really feel you, I'm exactly in the same situation, gosh, I even went some liuthers asking how much it would be to fit a tight end r7 on my beloved 2027x ...felt bad while doing it :(

fantasyl

Reaction score
Double post...anyway I'm into the RGD7UC ...can't find it locally, but on paper it's the closest thing to my dream guitar.

')