Recommend me a <1k 100 watt stack

• Thread starter 27duuude
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dvaienat

Reaction score
Marshall JCM800 2203 fits the bill perfectly, and gives you a great super tight and middy metal tone when boosted with an OD. You could also swap the EL34 tubes to 6550s which would thicken the sound a bit.

Here is a clip I found:

http://lsd-tonstudio.de/sonstiges/2203llmodquadtracked.mp3

This one was modded, but boosting gives an identical tone. Will look alot cooler because you're using something different to the usual 5150s and Engls you see people using ;)

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Used Peavey or Mesa (literally a dozen amps from each maker will fit your needs and can be found for a price complacent with your budget) amp and a beat, but still functional Marshall JCM or Mesa Standard cab.

Though, what amps have you tried?

Atomshipped

Reaction score
He wants something UNDER $1000 lol, not 3 times over:lol:
VHT DELIVERANCE 120 HEAD by FRYETTE! AMAZING TONES and POWER! PROFESSIONAL AMP! | eBay
VHT Pitbull UL, Original VHT (Fryette) | eBay
toke.gif

You're right though they are unfortunately very expensive. Someday I will have a pitbull :hbang:

Tones

Red paperclip trader
Reaction score
I can vouch for the peavey ultra. cheap and very versatile. All i ever need is my NS-2 and TS-9DX to boost it. Sounds amazing imo!

Robotechnology

Reaction score
Actually, I think a Line 6 Spider Valve Head (original or Mk II) with the cab of your choice would do very nicely for what you describe (and then some). Another nice choice is a used Egnater Tourmaster 4100 Head also with the cab of your choice.

27duuude

Picky about tone
Reaction score
I think I've settled on a used 5150 but I was wondering if anyone might be able to inform me what about the tone that they don't like. It seems to have just the right amount of attack that I'm looking for.

Double A

Subhuman
Reaction score
I think I've settled on a used 5150 but I was wondering if anyone might be able to inform me what about the tone that they don't like. It seems to have just the right amount of attack that I'm looking for.
I would try and get down to guitar center in Portland to try one out. I personally use a 6505+ and I have done so since it first came out (I started on a 5150 II). I have tried other amps and while I wish the clean channel was a bit more usable... for live purposes the clean channel is fine and the lead tone is fantastic.

Personally, I think some people don't like them because tons of people use them.

Reaction score
Get a used 6505+ for cheap and a good cab.

You can get Krank cabs for like $400 on guitarcenter used. They're worth every penny.

Latest posts

')