Recommend me a 6 string!

6Christ6Denied6

Reaction score
I have always played on 7 string but I think its time for a change (dont get me wrong i will still always play 7's as well).

id like a somewhat versatile guitar, one thats mostly metal based but can pull off decent cleans as well,

as far as specs go...

Hard-tail only!
no longer than 25.5" scale
no rosewood boards ... :barf:
im open to just about any shape or finish
id like a neck profile that is very playable, so that i can riff real fast, smooth and comfortably.
JUMBO FRETS!
try not to say ibanez unless you really have to
id like to spend 1000 or less in US$

to give you an idea of what im into, i have some serious GAS for an ESP eclipse ii in the snow white finish, and the jackson dominion. (i know those are a little above my budget but they seem worth the extra money)

thanks in advance for any input or help :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

groph

Reaction score
LTD EC-1000? I'm sure they're 98% as good as the ESP Eclipses are. I tried a Standard Eclipse out one day, if I had the $1400 I'd be still playing it now.

6Christ6Denied6

Reaction score
ive been seriously considering it, however most of them have rosewood boards, and i honestly cant deal with that, the only one with ebony i belive is the black with the yellow binding, i know i said i am open to any finish but the yellow binding is a huge turn off for me :/

6Christ6Denied6

Reaction score
LTD EC-1000? I'm sure they're 98% as good as the ESP Eclipses are. I tried a Standard Eclipse out one day, if I had the $1400 I'd be still playing it now.

i dont know man, the esps as opposed to ltds which are mass produced in factorys, the esps are hand made, definitely seems better than 2% in terms of quality. i could get a new one for 1200, i am dying inside because i dont know what to do.

dewy

Beet Farmer
Reaction score
i dont know man, the esps as opposed to ltds which are mass produced in factorys, the esps are hand made, definitely seems better than 2% in terms of quality. i could get a new one for 1200, i am dying inside because i dont know what to do.

Just get the EC1000.

Poho

Reaction score
musicman silhouette perhaps? played one recently that had a really nice maple fretboard.
i am biased, however.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Jackson SLSMG or SLS3. Find a used one or a new one on sale. Best guitars out there at those prices IMO.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

They're handmade as in they're blanks are placed in a CNC machine. There are zero production guitars which are made by hand nowadays. Not to mention, 99 out of 100 times a CNC machine will give superior results. The only thing the ESP has over the LTD is quality of wood, and level of QC. Though, keep in mind, that the difference in those two factors varies. I'm sure there are LTD's out there made with similar stock, with similar attention to detail as the real deal ESP's.

I say go for the EC-1000SSB, it's the Silver Burst one, it has the Ebony board like the VB model (the one with "yellow" binding), but does not have the "aged" binding. It's bound in white and black, just like the Eclipse SE-IISW you're GAS-ing for.

ec-1000_ssb.jpg

')