Recommend me a mastering house!

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
perfectionist Vince decided to re-mix the asylum album......again.... before we release it. :noplease:

Anyway, I think (pray) this is the final mix and I want to get this album done well and out, and one of the problems I had with the initial master was that the mastering guy had really made a mess of the frequency response.

The mix I sent him was balanced. The master I got back had the loudest rhythm guitar on the planet and no bass drum. But other than that it was ok.

So I guess what I'm saying is I need a new mastering engineer. :lol:

I have a few leads on mastering engineers with good reputations, and I've seen/heard a lot of guys' work on the internet, but I'd like to get your opinions.

Who do you recommend? What do they charge?

Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Crooks

User
Contributor
Reaction score
For my own projects I use: 9250AV He charges by the project, not the hour, and is very reasonable for the quality of the product.

The last record I did (Superchrist, Headbanger), was mastered at Imperial: Imperial Mastering and that came out really well too.

Gemmeadia

Reaction score
If i could get a bump on this.. Im actually looking for professionals as well for my project, so if you guys have any other recommendations, post em please!

Gemmeadia

Reaction score
Thanks man! Im looking mainly for people who specialize in recording/mastering heavier music. I feel like they would have a better grasp of what im trying to go for you know? From what i have found, most of the people work with a wide range of music but from the samples they have, dont quite fit what im trying to get out of my mixes.

There are a couple people i have in mind, but ive gotten blown off by one of them, and decided to find more options before i go with one person.

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
Steven Wilson from Porcupine Tree got back a shit Master from the recording house after he carefully mixed "Fear of a Blank Planet" The limiter was hammered, the EQ was wrong etc. So... he just decided to use a Pro Tools Mastering plugin, then sent it off to the press...

My point being... that when you make the mistake of sending off your master to someone else... and you are not present... then shit like that can happen.

Find a mastering Engineer... and spend some time with him as he masters so you can say "Hang on man, the limiting is right, but all I can hear now are the guitars... that wasn't the case before!"

')