Recommend me a used Prestige

• Thread starter Velokki
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Mortician

Ninja Lurker
Reaction score
Honestly, the S Series have always had more of a rounded C shape to the back of the necks compared to the flat D/U shapes of the RGs.

Hard to recommend anything without a test drive because, for me, the neck shape and fretboard width/radius have always sold me on a guitar. Find the measurements of what you do like, the you can extrapolate from dimensions given on wikis and manufacture sites.

You may have to venture beyond Ibanez to find that. Thankfully, almost every manufacturer makes a 7 that may be worth trying. The next go-to brands tend to be ESP/LTD and Schecter. From that, maybe more botique.

It’s a 50/50 flip if you buy new with a return policy, or used and maintain resale value without depreciation.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
Yes, I would recommend a used Prestige!

The RGD2127z is hard to beat; they pop up used fairly often. The 26.5" neck is nearing baritone length, but still comfortable for most players who are used to a 25.5". The Edge Zero II trem is comfortable, has adjustable arm tension, a built-in intonation tool, and a thumbwheel on the back for spring tension/balance. The bevels are nice looking and comfortable. The only warning is that a lot of people lose the top of the collet knob because they don't understand the way the volume knob is assembled.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
I do enjoy my RGD2127 very much, it has the Edge Zero (not the 2 fyi).

The neck isn't as thin as the 00s models but it's still shreddy.

Stiman

Reaction score
Is that the guy in Ottawa selling an RG752 for $5k because it's the "rare Axe Palace edition"? Good news! He's put some of them on sale!

I about had a heart attack reading this because I have an RG752 for sale in Ottawa lol.

Butt yeah, I know the guy you're talking about. I can't imagine makes any sales with his sky high prices. This market is slow already...

Latest posts

')