Recommend me some genre/envelope pushing Hardcore

• Thread starter Ibanezsam4
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ibanezsam4

Reaction score
the recent threads about breakdowns reminded me how much i despise my local music scene and my friends obsession with generic shit.. while i may not like this new scene, i do not hate the idea of Hardcore and think it is a rather cool genre despite the amount of crap there is now. So does SS.org know what bands in this genre are moving their music and art forward by incorporating new influences in, and/or reinventing itself?

I already love Candiria and Converge and DEP and Botch ect.. i have also recently expressed my love for Letlive. but i want to delve further

EDIT: also no Painted In Exile

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
Nails is p cool, Xibalba is heavy as fuck, Young And In The Way is a really neat band from my home state that's a blend of crust punk and black metal. If you like atmosphere in your hardcore, do not pass these dudes up.

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
Nails is p cool, Xibalba is heavy as fuck, Young And In The Way is a really neat band from my home state that's a blend of crust punk and black metal. If you like atmosphere in your hardcore, do not pass these dudes up.

Yes, xibalba is ridiculously heavy

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
GAZA freakin' rules!

Also, at the risk of tooting my own horn too much, here's my old band Hexis:

XI | Hexis

Sorta blackened, extremely dissonant sludgy hardcore.
I wrote the majority of the music; 'Aspernatio' was only finished up by me, and 'Seputus' and 'Fatum' were written the dude who's place I took. The rest was me. I'm not all that proud of it, and still think the two last songs which I didn't write were the best by far, but the band at least did something a little different, and continue to do so today, if they ever stop touring long enough to write new stuff and hit the studio.

If you like this, check out Celeste from France. They are the band I was ordered to sound like :lol:

Nykur_Myrkvi

Reaction score
GAZA freakin' rules!

Also, at the risk of tooting my own horn too much, here's my old band Hexis:

XI | Hexis

Sorta blackened, extremely dissonant sludgy hardcore.
I wrote the majority of the music; 'Aspernatio' was only finished up by me, and 'Seputus' and 'Fatum' were written the dude who's place I took. The rest was me. I'm not all that proud of it, and still think the two last songs which I didn't write were the best by far, but the band at least did something a little different, and continue to do so today, if they ever stop touring long enough to write new stuff and hit the studio.

If you like this, check out Celeste from France. They are the band I was ordered to sound like :lol:
What? You were in Hexis? Did you come along to Iceland? I remember a Hexis show earlier this year...maybe last year.

Nykur_Myrkvi

Reaction score
I got kicked out in February, so I was not along for the Iceland tour.
Oh, sorry to hear that.

I think I got some stickers from that show around here somewhere. Was planning on putting it on my guitar case but didn't.

Mwoit

Reaction score
I got kicked out in February, so I was not along for the Iceland tour.

I'm gutted man, Hexis came to Edinburgh in September and it was a fantastic show! Wish I could have met you!

Also, This Gift Is A Curse toured with Hexis and they were also fabulous.

Birds In Row from France. These guys ended up crashing at my flat because they had nowhere else to stay!

Hunt / Gather from Scotland, bit of a local plug for my mates but they've been active and released their debut earlier this year.

Trap Them released Darker Handcraft last year, definitely good stuff. Swedish buzz guitars with hardcore riffing.

Primitive Weapons released The Shadow Gallery earlier this year, straight forward and solid release. Catchy!

There's more, but I can't recall any more at the moment. This might not be what you want, I'm still a newbie at hardcore. :(

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
I'm gutted man, Hexis came to Edinburgh in September and it was a fantastic show! Wish I could have met you!

Also, This Gift Is A Curse toured with Hexis and they were also fabulous.

Before you say that, consider the fact I was kicked out for a pretty good reason :lol:

But yeah, TGIAC are an amazing, amazing band and some of the best dudes in the entire world. I really enjoyed touring with them here in February, I cannot say enough good things about those guys.

Ibanezsam4

Reaction score
i dont mind a little crust. thanks for pointing the thread out! otherwise a good portion of the recommendations have been spot on! :yesway:

')