Recommend me some good rap

• Thread starter Arminius
  • Start date
  • Tags
    lulz rap
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SerratedSkies

Reaction score
Get the self-titled Slaughterhouse debut - it leaked just now but it'll be out on the 11th. Supergroup (oh how I hate that term) featuring Royce Da 5'9", Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz and Crooked I. I guarantee most of you will hate it based on what's been posted thus far but the chops those four guys have are just ridiculous. Lyrically, I mean, they don't have sideburns. Their loss.

Everyone in that group is nasty, except Joe Budden, who is my pick for worst rapper out right now that isn't mainstream. Saigon shit on Joe Budden so hard, it made me never want to hear his voice again, which is a shame, because I love Royce and Joell Ortiz.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

damigu

stay tuned
Reaction score

el-p

another semi-underground NYC scene hip-hop artist that i've been into for a few years now.
el-p owns the label that aesop rock is on.

Luuk

Reaction score
BUMP. I'm riding (snowboard) a lot last weeks.. And this is the song I love to death while riding..

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
After looking through the thread I cannot find them being mentioned but I very, very seriously recommend hunting down Cannibal Ox's record "The Cold Vein" which is also from the school of EL-P and Aesop Rock. From Cannibal OX you should also check out the solo records from Vast Aire and Vodul Megga. From this label and associated you should also check out The Atoms Family, C-Rayz-Waltz, Oddatee and another excellent band to investigate is the might Dälek who I saw for the 4th time on Saturday night when they absolutely flattened the venue.

It might be worth your while to check out a record call "Brotherhood of the Bomb" by Techno Animal which features many guest appearances from under ground rappers - many mentioned in this post - in a different environment.

')