Recommend me some good skate punk or hardcore punk bands

• Thread starter Mechanix11
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mechanix11

Reaction score
Hi, well im really into this kind of punk and recently i listened to NOFX and they are really awesome, so i want to know some other bands like them or that kink of punk (skate punk and/or hardcore punk)

thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mechanix11

Reaction score
thanks bro, im gonna check there some bands

lemeker

SS.org Slacker
Reaction score
I didn't check the links, so if i repeat anything in the links sorry......but...

Go dig up some old school shit like the Dead Kennedy's. Plastic Surgery Disasters is a good one to check out, the one I have also has In God We Trust Inc. on it too, and its killer too. Anti-Flag is pretty killer.....Rancid (pre rancid would be Operation Ivy)

Old school D.R.I is a must (really any D.R.I is good). Fugazi is worth checking out, might not be exactly what your looking for, but good stuff......the reason I mention them is really for Minor Threat....

as far as ska (just tossing it out there).....the Bosstones, and Streetlight Manifesto has some pretty cool shit too.

I'd also look into some really old Suicidal Tendencies (Join the Army), the later stuff might be a little to thrash, less punk.......

theleem

Reaction score
As far as old school hardcore punk goes, you can't go wrong with some Bad Brains, Black Flag(especially Damaged), or Minor Threat. Also +1 for old school D.R.I., Dead Kennedy's, and Anti-Flag's early stuff.

ArrowHead

Reaction score
The staples of my teen years:

SLAPSHOT

SICK OF IT ALL

DYS

JUDGE

KILLING TIME

GORILLA BISCUITS

THE MIGHTY MIGHTY BOSSTONES

SKAVOOVIE

LETS GO BOWLING

MURPHY'S LAW

broj15

Reaction score
Forgot to mention my favorite hardcore band.... Fugazi. Seriously good stuff.

Into Obsidian

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
Reaction score
One band, D.R.I
dri_logo05.png

broj15

Reaction score
I know some of these are in those links I posted before but ill just give you my favs for fun:
Choking victim
Leftover crack
Rancid
Operation ivy
Angry Samoans
the wonder years
title fight
such gold
transplants
These are more folk punk but you might dig:
Pat the bunny/ wing nut dish washers union/ Johnny hobo and the freight trains (all the same guy. Different projects though)
Ghost mice
Andrew Jackson jihad
Larry and his flask
The reverend peyton's big damn band

Polythoral

Hipster Mustaine
Reaction score
Enjoy this compilation of awesome music with absolutely horrible videos.

OLD AFI

Baelzebeard

Grinder of strings
Reaction score
A lot of good stuff up there. I didn't notice anyone mention The Descendants, or early C.O.C, or Danzig era Misfits. Also check out Negative Approach.

MartinMTL

Reaction score
I can't believe that it hasn't been mentioned yet - Bad Religion! One of the first bands that I started listening to. I'm feeling really nostalgic after listening to some of the stuff in this thread.

ArrowHead

Reaction score
Hey, sorry dude. A few of those suggestions I made were Ska bands. I mis-read the thread title yesterday as "ska punk and hardcore punk". Oopsie.

')