Recommend me some instrumental metal

• Thread starter innovine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

innovine

Reaction score
I'm really liking Intervals, especially the verse parts. The lead/chorus mor melodic parts are a bit over the top tho. Any more of that syncopated type of stuff?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nats

Reaction score
Animals as leaders. They aren't too well known around here and I'm surprised no one on this site talks about them more often.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
Animals as leaders. They aren't too well known around here and I'm surprised no one on this site talks about them more often.

Yup, Animals as Leaders is chock full of groovy downtuned sludge. You can really hear the ISIS influence!

:scratch::idea::djent::point:

troyguitar

Reaction score
Maybe not that you're aware of :lol:

Year of No Light just put out a new album that you can stream on Bandcamp, clicky.

I mean, look at all of the stuff posted on this site outside of this thread. 90+% of it is growly and most of it also has blast beats and fast playing and prog monkey-business. You have to really hunt for anything matching the OP's description.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
I mean, look at all of the stuff posted on this site outside of this thread. 90+% of it is growly and most of it also has blast beats and fast playing and prog monkey-business. You have to really hunt for anything matching the OP's description.

That has less to do with the availability of said music (which while limited is not that small) and more to do with the tastes of the majority of the forum's population. The same could be said of a wide variety of music without reflection on that genre's size or popularity with the greater public.

Blasphemer

Bird Law expert
Reaction score
I am not a big fan of progressive, shred, or anything with too many notes and super fast playing. Blast beats with a little clicky kick that goes bidibidibidibidi is also pretty annoying..

I'm after something along the lines of early Pelican, Amenra, Isis, Black Cobra, Russian Circles..

Check out my band. You're either going to love us or hate us, because we essentially fuse the two groups you've described, there.

(Check out the songs Woe to the Blasphemer, Geothermal, and Oceans of Glass first. They fit what you'll like.)

And so I'm not just shamelessly plugging my own stuff:

')