Recommend me some nasty stuff

• Thread starter 7 Dying Trees
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
I'm not talking straight death metal, or straight black metal etc etc. I am looking for stuff that has that nasty neurosis like vibe mixed with speed and aggression to name one thing, but generally:

Stuff that is dark, has a nasty horrid edge to it, fast, or odd time signatures, and sounds pretty much like the apocalypse.

Speed on it's own is not enough, there are plenty of fast bands, technical bands or uber satanic black metal bands, but they have got dull and very predictable, none of them really mix stuff up.

Best wishes,

The 7th Death of Trees.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
Strapping Young Lad? Aborted?? Origin???
Those are pretty nasty :hbang:

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmmm... aren't the clips in that Scissor Shock video, from the movie Haxan? What a great film. Interesting music, BTW. :spock:

SteveDendura

Reaction score
Unexpect is definately technical and weird. I don't know if you'd call it "Nasty", but it's trashy, fast, and pretty wicked musically. There's a lot of shit going on in their music. 2 guitars, keyboard, electric violin, female and male vocals, the bassist uses a fucking 8 string bass with a neck like an aircraft carrier, and the drums are thrashy.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
2001117372302838187_rs.jpg

Nasty as fuck.
I like them, they've got a really halloween/schlock horror movie vibe about them :)

auxioluck

Metal Teddy Bear
Reaction score
2 Girls 1 Cup. :lol: That's pretty nasty.

Seriously though, Decrepit Birth, Vital Remains. Those are my picks.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey James,
Check out Cradle Of Filth. The word "filth" mean extra nastiness. :lol:

Ze Kink

the black wizards
Reaction score

Because it has Begotten in the background. The singer sounds ridiculous :lol: I read somewhere that he's insane and the band split when he was institutionalized after killing a little girl with an axe.

')