Recommend me some nasty stuff

• Thread starter 7 Dying Trees
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

forelander

you fail me
Reaction score
Wolf Eyes
Anaal Nathrakh really can't be mentioned enough
See you Next Tuesday is probably more grind/death core but its pretty full on
Ion Dissonance

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
Wormed. They don't exactly fit your criteria that well but they have a really gritty sound along with being spazzy and unpredictable at times.

Meldville

THE DOCTOR OF DOOM
Reaction score
All_¥our_Bass;1263117 said:
Wormed. They don't exactly fit your criteria that well but they have a really gritty sound along with being spazzy and unpredictable at times.

And are also one of the best death metal bands ever :hbang:

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
+1 on Khanate, Sunn O))), Burning Witch. A lot of stuff on the Southern Lord label is fucking nasty.

Dunno if you want to go down the Eyehategod sludge route. Soilent Green had a similar vibe but were more grind.

I think that the worst tempered gig I've ever been to was Eyehategod. The atmosphere was just wrong, fights kept kicking off and the singer was waving his heroin-shrivelled cock around. Grim. Sunn O))) shows just have people leaving because the volume & bass is vomit-inducing. Fucking ace.

Butthole Surfers are also great bad mood musicians, especially the Locust Abortion Technician album. Skinny Puppy (Rabies, etc) also wants me to pull my own head off so that may be in the right ballpark!

Dead but Dreaming

Reaction score
I take it you've already gone through Cannibal Corpse stuff? :D That's why I love them. They have a really sick and twisted sound to their guitar work.

It's already been said a few times but man, listen to Gorguts, those guys just do the most insane death metal I've ever heard

Haha, that's awesome. 1:35 in almost reminds me of Primus or something.

Meldville

THE DOCTOR OF DOOM
Reaction score
Where's 7DT? I wanna know which of these bands he's into, and maybe I/we can recommend more! :D

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Bloodlet.

Nasty more in that "his singing makes my ears bleed and will send me to hell" bad kind of way though. Its pretty awful.

Dead but Dreaming

Reaction score

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Know these guys, like their stuff, but, again, it's very death metal, and is just too slick.

Overall Converge has been awesome so far, known about Eyehategod (sludgy, but more like crowbar, just not as nasty as I've been looking for) I thought burning witch really was ok, but still has that sludge to it.

Most of the recommendations seem to be death metal with ultra low vocals or death geind, but it's kind of not what I am looking for, basically, yeah, it's brutal, but it hasn't got the vibe to it. I'm talking stuff that really makes your skin crawl, that you'd listen to sat in a little ball on the floor in the dark.

Gnaw their tongues is one of the recommendations I really liked, just really horrid stuff, just plain wrong

James, you ponce. First thing that came to mind to me was Deathspell Omega's latest album, Fas - Ite, Maledicti, in Ignem Aeternum.

Here's a tune.

http://www.bumblelovesmusic.com/Music/DeathspellOmega-BreadOfBitterness.mp3

I will keep thinking for you.

This is cool, and I know, I was simply not manly enough to know about this :lol:

halsinden

it's a british thing
Reaction score
n602838085_1618874_4163.jpg

that grim, even my wife & i agree.

H

Meldville

THE DOCTOR OF DOOM
Reaction score
Know these guys, like their stuff, but, again, it's very death metal, and is just too slick.

Overall Converge has been awesome so far, known about Eyehategod (sludgy, but more like crowbar, just not as nasty as I've been looking for) I thought burning witch really was ok, but still has that sludge to it.

Most of the recommendations seem to be death metal with ultra low vocals or death geind, but it's kind of not what I am looking for, basically, yeah, it's brutal, but it hasn't got the vibe to it. I'm talking stuff that really makes your skin crawl, that you'd listen to sat in a little ball on the floor in the dark.

Gnaw their tongues is one of the recommendations I really liked, just really horrid stuff, just plain wrong

This is cool, and I know, I was simply not manly enough to know about this :lol:

Buried Inside, Cattlepress, Cursed, Khann, Khold, Nachmystium, Sludge, Unquintessence

Seriously, try these bands!

MySpace.com - Buried Inside - CA - Hardcore / Metal / Progressive - www.myspace.com/buriedinside (grindy weird stuff)
MySpace.com - cattlepress - BROOKLYN, New York - Metal / Hardcore / Fusion - www.myspace.com/cattlepress666
MySpace.com - Cursed - CA - Metal / Hardcore / Punk - www.myspace.com/cursedhardcore (if you like Converge, I can't imagine you not like Cursed, who play crusty hardcore)
MySpace.com - KHANN - ORLANDO, Florida - Progressive / Metal / Southern Rock - www.myspace.com/khannn (weird vegan crusty grind stuff)
MySpace.com - Khold - Black Metal - www.myspace.com/kholdblackmetal
MySpace.com - Nachtmystium - Chicago, Illinois - Psychedelic / Black Metal / Experimental - www.myspace.com/nachtmystium (you probably already know these guys, but they rules. psychedelic black metal)
MySpace.com - SLUDGE - SLUDGE CITY, CH - Metal / Other / Punk - www.myspace.com/sludgedoomers (grindy crusty goodness with some weird stuff thrown in for good mesaure)
Unquintessence – Music at Last.fm (their myspace is gone, dunno why, but this is some weird ass black metal

')