Recommend me some songs for my 7 string.... \m/

• Thread starter lookslikemeband
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lookslikemeband

Reaction score
Looking for some good songs to practice my chops on my new 7 string.... without tuning down the low B to a low A (a'la KoRn)

Thank you.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nicktao

Reaction score
STS, AAL, Pomegranate Tiger, Dream Theater

Just A Box

Reaction score
STS, AAL, Pomegranate Tiger, Dream Theater

What he said (except Pomegranate Tiger, never heard of them). Just got the new Scale The Summit tab book (like Ill ever be able to fully make it through a full song), but it's awesome stuff. STS changed everything I thought about rhythm guitar.

Aris_T

Reaction score

lookslikemeband

Reaction score

Aris_T

Reaction score
I edited my post and included the fact that they don't use 7s and some other stuff about Pomegranate and DT. But you were faster :)

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Actually the majority of the first AAL album can be played on a 7, IIRC there is only an 8 on one track.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Actually the majority of the first AAL album can be played on a 7, IIRC there is only an 8 on one track.

Correct, the 2nd album features more use of an 8. But the first album is pretty much all playable with a 7.

Also, Pomegranate Tiger is just excellent.

Halogran

Reaction score
What he said (except Pomegranate Tiger, never heard of them). Just got the new Scale The Summit tab book (like Ill ever be able to fully make it through a full song), but it's awesome stuff. STS changed everything I thought about rhythm guitar.

I bought the migration tab book at one of there shows, and was fortunate enough to get all the guys to sign it! Um, I haven't tried a single song yet lol, I'm still working on stuff from the collective

MetalMike04

Lefty cursed...
Reaction score
Gorguts,Obscura(I think they play standard)

I know Obscura play in A standard. one whole step down. I was gonna recommend Beyond Creation but they're also A.

the awsome tech death band Archspire play with 7/8 string guitarists :hbang:

Fallujah,one of my favorites, play in 7 string standard.

for some lighter, Djent/fusion stuff Disperse is really good.

my favorite band at the moment, Ne Obliviscaris play in E standard but the lead guitarist uses a 7 in B. :yesway:

Herrick

Hello Mangs
Reaction score
Looking for some good songs to practice my chops on my new 7 string.... without tuning down the low B to a low A (a'la KoRn)

Thank you.

I got into 7-strings so I wouldn't have to tune down as much. So I just tried learning songs that were tuned down. Sometimes the fingering (lol) can be awkward. Some songs seem impossible to play...for example songs that ride the lowest open 6-string & jumps to chords on the 5th.

What bands do you like? See which ones don't tune lower than B & start transposing their glorious tunes to your 7-string :) I can't even remember which bands I started with on my 7. These days, I'm trying to learn more Death songs. Stuff from Leprosy & Spiritual Healing. Whatever tickles your pickle.

')