Recommend me some songs for my 7 string.... \m/

• Thread starter lookslikemeband
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lookslikemeband

Reaction score
I got into 7-strings so I wouldn't have to tune down as much. So I just tried learning songs that were tuned down. Sometimes the fingering (lol) can be awkward. Some songs seem impossible to play...for example songs that ride the lowest open 6-string & jumps to chords on the 5th.

What bands do you like? See which ones don't tune lower than B & start transposing their glorious tunes to your 7-string :) I can't even remember which bands I started with on my 7. These days, I'm trying to learn more Death songs. Stuff from Leprosy & Spiritual Healing. Whatever tickles your pickle.

I hear ya brother.. after all these years of playing in Standard, Dropped D, Dropped C, Open G and Baritone... this is my first 7 string guitar.....

RuffeDK

Reaction score
640px-I-am-monitoring-this-thread.jpg

FarBeyondDriven16

Reaction score
Scar Symmetry is a great place to start.

Chimp Spanner is also fantastic:
That tapping lick at 2:30 is probably one of the coolest things I've ever heard hahahaha

Scale the Summit is really fun to play, plus Chris Letchford is always posting playthroughs so its usually easy to learn their songs. Aaannnnd Letchford and LeVrier also have a guitar masterclass on how to play The Levitated (link below):

Samark

Inactive. It’s been a pleasure.
Reaction score
Dream Theater - A Change Of Seasons

MikeSweeney

Reaction score
Dream Theater-bridges in the sky . dont care what you guys say love the song

Hendog

Reaction score
Dream Theater-bridges in the sky . dont care what you guys say love the song

There are people here who don't love that song and or the entire ADToE album??? My God, I hope I'm not in the wrong place!

BusinessMan

Reaction score
Dream theater, unearth, early fear factory, allegaeon (this band is insanely good) And arch enemies first 3 albums (they played on downtuned 6's not 7's. Just a suggestion).i think arsis' new album is in b. That's all I can think if the play in b. hope I helped!

lookslikemeband

Reaction score
I've been having a blast with this thing...

It's actually helped my theory knowledge a bit... having to reconfigure certain scales and patterns on the fretboard...

Not to mention chords.

\m/

BTW... Just got a Seymour Duncan JB 7 to throw in it later this week... My Bogner loves that pickup....

')