Recommend me some Technical/Brutal Death Metal! Some slam would be nice too.

• Thread starter techcoreriffman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I've become kinda bored with most of the music I have. As I have over-listened most of it. So I need some more tech/brutal death metal to add to my library.

Bands such as Decrepit Birth come to mind.

Go!:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marc In Exile

Reaction score
FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE! Fleshgod Apocalypse [NEW LAYOUT!!! - ON TOUR NOW] on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

They're straight off of the boat from Italy, and most of them are trained musicians. If you listen to Nile, or anything that's of similar speeds..........prepare for "blasturbation" to the fullest extent.

I saw/met them on Saturday in NYC with Suffocation, The Faceless, Through The Eyes Of The Dead, and Decrepit Birth......and even though the soundguy clearly didn't give a shit about making them sound good, they still put on an epic performance.

REALLY nice dudes too.

Enjoy!

- Marc

P.S. - The drummer has only been playing drums FOR 2 YEARS :eek:

RedSkull

riffs master
Reaction score
You want a kick ass groovy tech death band check out new comers SOREPTION. their record released earlier this year is awesome

Reaction score
I already know about Fleshgog Apocalypse, Marc. Fucking sickening. I can't even believe the drummer's only been playing 2 years.

Redskull, Soreption was great, I'll have to get their stuff.

groph

Reaction score
Soreption sounds a lot like Decaptitated to me at times. So if you haven't heard Decapitated then do so.

I'm not a real big fan of tech death so you'll probably have already heard of most of these bands

Odious Mortem - Cryptic Implosion is nuts
Severed Savior - Newest album is probably "techier", older stuff is more brutal IMO
Psycroptic - THE tech band IMO
Spawn of Possession - THE tech band in everyone else's opinion
Newer Cryptopsy is pretty techy, but also pretty shitty (I'm not a true Canadian, I don't really like Cryptopsy that much, sue me)
Emeth - SERIOUSLY look at these guys, they're NUTS.
Gorod - also nuts

Brutal death - there are SO many BDM bands out there, just check around online. I could compile a list 75 pages long.

Gorgasm
Mortal Decay
Deeds of Flesh
Flesh Consumed
Slaughter Brute

Disgusting shit (slam included)

Amputated Genitals
Artery Eruption
Devourment - older stuff is NASTY
Amputated
Cliteater
old Aborted
old Carcass

Josh Pelican is going to come in here and post a list a trillion times longer than mine, mine at least gets you started. Both of us like a lot of the same shit so I vouch for whatever he posts. I like to consider ourselves connoisseurs of disgust.

hypermagic

Fusion Neophyte
Reaction score
SUFFOCATION RIGHT THE F NOW

Defeated Sanity
Morbid Angel (Formulas Fatal to the Flesh and Heretic are pretty brutal)
Mithras
Lykathea Aflame
Abysmal Torment
Origin
Nile
Anata

Bruiser

Banned
Reaction score
Aeon. They're not technical, brutal, or slam, but they are fucking awesome.

gangaman

Reaction score
FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE! Fleshgod Apocalypse [NEW LAYOUT!!! - ON TOUR NOW] on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

They're straight off of the boat from Italy, and most of them are trained musicians. If you listen to Nile, or anything that's of similar speeds..........prepare for "blasturbation" to the fullest extent.

I saw/met them on Saturday in NYC with Suffocation, The Faceless, Through The Eyes Of The Dead, and Decrepit Birth......and even though the soundguy clearly didn't give a shit about making them sound good, they still put on an epic performance.

REALLY nice dudes too.

Enjoy!

- Marc

P.S. - The drummer has only been playing drums FOR 2 YEARS :eek:
woot! 2 years , thats not even cool...

Bye the way ,thanks for all the good bands mate! And soreption is so good !

aarongericke

Reaction score
Aeon. They're not technical, brutal, or slam, but they are fucking awesome.

I would say that Aeon is both (lightly) technical and (oldschool style) brutal

Brain Drill and Viraemia come to mind if you are into nearly mindless tech wankery.
Sons Of Aurelius is fairly decent tech stuff, but its pretty melodic and the vocals are a bit core-y for my taste.
I assume you've probably hear of all of these, but i though I'd put them just in case.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
Try some of these...

Viral Load
Insidious Decrepancy
Malignancy
Arkaik
Anomalous
Braindrill
Viraemia
Lividity
Guttural Secrete
Atrocious Abnormality
Diskreet
Ingested
Decaying Purity
Cinerary
Inherit Disease
Septycal Gorge

and a awesome band to check out that is neither tech nor brutal death:
Inferi

Bruiser

Banned
Reaction score
I would say that Aeon is both (lightly) technical and (oldschool style) brutal.
I would argue that they're "riffy", but don't have the pristine sound that most tech-death bands have. I don't really think any band with complicated riffs should be considered a technical band, but that's all opinion and tastes...

aarongericke

Reaction score
I would argue that they're "riffy", but don't have the pristine sound that most tech-death bands have. I don't really think any band with complicated riffs should be considered a technical band, but that's all opinion and tastes...

Not that I agree with it, but I always hear Suffocation and Cryptopsy and other stuff like that referred to as "tech." I guess that when these bands came out they were more technical than most, but now, compared to modern tech bands, they just seem like regular death metal. I would say Aeon is as technical or close to as technical as these bands, and thats why i said (oldschool)technical. I think the term "technical death metal" has taken on a meaning beyond just being death metal that is also technically proficient. It has come to refer to a specific sound with a specific kind of production so even if you are a somewhat technical band (like Aeon) but you lack TDM style production (as Aeon does on purpose: "Path of Fire is probably the most intense Aeon album up to date. And with a production that sounds more organic and 'classic deathmetal' sounding rather then the nowadays typical 'supermodern, compressed right-the-fuck-out of dynamics, loudness war' production…. you are all in for a real treat. Folks…. this IS death metal!" then people seem not to consider it technical death metal.

matty2fatty

Reaction score
Here's a guy that has a post about slam on Metal Sucks. About 90% of the time I think he's being ironic, but I don't listen to slam so I can't tell if the bands are good or not, haha. However, I'm sure you'll find something you like

MetalSucks » Green Eggs and Slam

Edit: He doesn't write exclusively about slam, so don't think I'm recommending you the Kotton Mouth Kings or other non-metal stuff

')