Recommend me some Technical/Brutal Death Metal! Some slam would be nice too.

• Thread starter techcoreriffman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

matty2fatty

Reaction score
Holy shit, I have never heard Fleshgod Apocalypse before.

My subwoofer nearly exploded.

I agree, I just started listening to them yesterday, and am listening to them now. They're really great. The classical interludes kind of bug me though, they have nothing to do with the songs around them

Reaction score
Everyone gets e-rep!

Also. For anyone else who's reading this who dug Fleshgod Apocalypse, look up Hour of Penance. NAO.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
You want a kick ass groovy tech death band check out new comers SOREPTION. their record released earlier this year is awesome

I came in here to say Soreption, but it's already been said. :yesway: Check out their first EP, as well. Not as good as their album, but still bad ass, Jordan.

EDIT: Just listened to Fleshgod Apocalypse, and I am a fan. :hbang:

The Hiryuu

Dot dot dot.
Reaction score
+infinity billion to Fleshgod Apocalypse and Hour of Penance.

And Atrocious Abnormality's cool too. It's not like a Shitty Beatles thing.

Actually, pretty much every band mentioned so far is awesome. And the Mortal Decay guys are cool people to boot.

gangaman

Reaction score
I just listen to soreption all day long at job and it was fucking awesome!I gotta buy this album asap!

Might-is-Right

As a Lion...
Reaction score
Some great bands listed here. Someone mentioned Hour of Penance, they to me sound like Behemoth (demigod era).

Manevolent Creation has to be on the list.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Honestly, your best bet for finding new bands is to go to lastfm, find decrepit birth and start going through the related bands. That's how I do it. Also, world under blood is good if you like cKy.

Reaction score
*cracks knuckles*

Let's start with a few technical bands. I know two or three of them have been mentioned, but nothing has been posted.

First of all, eat some Arkaik. The first riff in this song screams old school death metal:

Why has no one mentioned Reciprocal either?! Jeff is a ridiculous bassist. He uses a seven string Conklin and utilizes all strings quite well. I spoke to him once and I believe he tunes A-A.

Braindrill anyone?! Here's a video of Jeff Hughell again:

Diskreet:

The Plasmarifle (straight out of the area of Ion Dissonance, Despised Icon, and Beneath the Massacre). Awesome dudes. I was planning a minitour with them last summer, but my band decided to kick me out.

Like Jordan said, for everyone who posted Fleshgod Apocalypse, please check out Hour of Pen-is.

How about Neurolepsy?

Lost Soul:

Infinitum:

Reaction score
Before I start listing off an assload of brutal death metal, tell me what you consider brutal. Are you looking for bands like Dying Fetus and Suffocation? or are you looking for really brutal bands like Devourment and the likes? This will give me an idea of what you're looking for.

Don't worry, I've got a cunt load of slam for ya'.

Josh Pelican is going to come in here and post a list a trillion times longer than mine, mine at least gets you started. Both of us like a lot of the same shit so I vouch for whatever he posts. I like to consider ourselves connoisseurs of disgust.

:wub:

Bruiser

Banned
Reaction score
Not to be a genre whore, but how are some of these bands even remotely tech, brutal, or slam? C'mon, Bloodbath are awesome, but don't belong anywhere in here.

Reaction score
You know, I'm bummed I didn't mention Anomalous. Go check out Emeth, too. I'd post some, but I'm busy making a big post for brutal death metal/slam.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
Josh, I already mentioned Arkaik and Anomalous, however at the time I couldn't be bothered to post vids so since you picked up the slack on that one +rep

EDIT: We'll have to wait on that +rep as I've apparently recently given you one for some other post.

Reaction score
Brutal Death Metal/Slam time.

Abysmal Torment:

Pathology! I could post everything they've put out, but I think this sums them up quite nicely:

Vomit the Soul:

Ingested:

Septycal Gorge:

Defeated Sanity:

Abominable Putridity:

Atrocious Abnormality:

Don't worry, guys... I've got more coming.

Reaction score
After my previous post, I will try to keep the songs to a minimum for every band... except Aborted.

Before I post anything, this has to be said. Please go check out Last Days of Humanity and Lymphatic Phlegm as well. They have way too many songs for me to decide which ones to post. Last Days of Humanity is just about straight up disgusting shit and Lymphatic Phlegm is really medical. Go listen to lots of goregrind.

Enjoy some early Aborted! I hate how shitty they've become. "Engineering the Dead" was fucking amazing.

Dead Infection:

Human Mincer:

Drowning in Phemaldehyde:

Guttural Engorgement:

The Sickening:

Guttural Secrete:

Amputated Genitals:

Don't worry, little girls! I have lots more!

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
Time to represent some Texas Death Metal up in here:

Insidious Decrepancy
YouTube - Insidious Decrepancy - Slighting Salvation

Viral Load
YouTube - Viral Load - Awaken In Flames

*Side Note* both Viral Load and Insidious Decrepancy are one manned bands featuring Shawn Whittaker doing ALL guitars, vocals, drum programming, etc...

Infernal Dominion
YouTube - infernal dominion- Purging Purity

Prophecy
YouTube - Prophecy-Ebolic Regurgitation

Scattered Remains
YouTube - Scattered Remains- Disgorge and Devour

I also can't believe that no one has mentioned Beheaded (Malta) yet
YouTube - Beheaded - Crowned With Repression HD

sicstynine

Reaction score
Inherit Disease

n two from over here:

Carnal Decay

Amagortis

I bet someone mentioned Necrophagist before (Tech Death)

Cephalic Carnage anyone?

enjoy

')