Recommend me some...

• Thread starter Duelbart
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Duelbart

Reaction score
...jazz with a dark/evil feel. Preferably with guitar(s) included. I have little to no listening experience with regular jazz so please feel free to post some normal jazz artists who like to go dark sometimes :] I already listened to some bands from doom jazz/dark jazz lastfm pages and I think something less ambient would be moreso towards my taste.

Any suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Red Beard

Reaction score
The Flying Luttenbachers! Weasel Walter, who is the new drummer for Behold The Arctopus, was the mastermind of this project. I suggest starting with Infektion. They have a lot of material that spans quite a range of what it sounds like you are looking for.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
What is dark jazz? To be honest, I don't even know any of the bands/players that are being suggested either. I'm def curious though!

Murdstone

Sycamore Trees
Reaction score
What is dark jazz? To be honest, I don't even know any of the bands/players that are being suggested either. I'm def curious though!

Picture a haggard detective, cigarette in mouth, walking the dark streets of some post-rain city. His last lead just disappeared and so did the booze in the bottom of his glass. A fog rolls in through the alleyways off the harbor, and he thinks he can hear a car pulling up behind him.

Dark jazz.

Trespass

AEADGBEA
Reaction score
Picture a haggard detective, cigarette in mouth, walking the dark streets of some post-rain city. His last lead just disappeared and so did the booze in the bottom of his glass. A fog rolls in through the alleyways off the harbor, and he thinks he can hear a car pulling up behind him.

Dark jazz.

More like Jazz Noir.

Sin City soundtrack is pretty excellent. And jazzy.

')