Recommend me something... happy?

• Thread starter InfinityCollision
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rosal76

Reaction score
"I cannot tell a lie" by Paul Gilbert. Instrumental with no vocals.

"Ants marching" by Dave matthews band.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations so far!

Tides from Nebula
This is good :yesway: Funny that there are comments on that video referencing Russian Circles' song Malko, as that song (particularly the intro) is one of the ones I had in mind when making this thread.

I listened to about 7-8 minutes of this in the interest of getting to every suggestion in a decent amount of time. I enjoyed the first ~4 minutes, but after that I wasn't as interested. If they have more material like the intro I'd love to hear it.

Alien Ant Farm
Love AAF! Not quite what I'm feeling right now, but I think I'm gonna give Anthology a spin later for kicks :)

Steel Panther
Not what I'm looking for.

Iiro Rantala New Trio - Elmo
An Endless Sporadic - An Endless Sporadic
Plini
Sithu Aye
Iiro Randala New Trio is good shit! Very left-of-center at times but I dig it :lol: Definitely checking them out.
An Endless Sporadic - Pretty good, certainly worth checking out.
Plini - I've seen his stuff posted before. While it's not bad, it doesn't really grab me.
Sithu Aye - Hmm... right now I'm leaning towards no, but I'll revisit it later. Not what I'm after right now regardless.

UneXpect, 12 foot ninja, destiny potato, haken.
UneXpect - Not what I'm looking for. Merely putting a smile on one's face isn't enough. I want music that feels like the sunshine on your face on a warm day.
12ft Ninja - nah
Destiny Potato - I still think this is one of the best band names ever, but their music doesn't really do it for me.
Haken - The song you mentioned isn't really doing it for me. It's quirky and sort of upbeat, but I wouldn't call it happy music. The music itself is ok.

Love Jon Gomm!

Lykathea Aflame
First few minutes of that isn't doing it for me, musically or thematically.

Good band :)

Korpiklaani
That certainly put a smile on my face, albeit not for the reasons I was looking for :lol: Also damn, that shit is catchy.

John Butler Trio
Good band, saw them this summer when they toured the US. Nice and upbeat, definitely fun. That song in particular isn't quite what I'm after.

Maybeshewill
This is pretty good :)

The feel is right, but the music isn't doing it for me.

Jamiroqai?
Interesting recommendation! Wasn't expecting anyone to mention Jamiroqai here, though he does have some nicely upbeat songs. He's got a couple of songs that might fit the bill, a lot of his lyrics take it out of the more generally happy category I'm looking for here.

Dead Letter Circus
Hmm... not bad, but not quite hitting the spot. I'll check them out again later.

Good band, but it's not scratching my itch just now.

I'm gonna sit on this one for a while. It had some good moments, worth revisiting.

I'll get to the other recommendations posted so far later tonight. Keep them coming :)

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Peter Mulvey. Acoustic guitar. Check him out.

You probably never heard of him.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
Bit later than planned but what the hell :)
One Great Summer by Amplifier
Not getting the feel I'm after here but the lyrics are solid. I'll be checking them out, thanks.

"I cannot tell a lie" by Paul Gilbert
"Ants marching" by Dave matthews band.
Gilbert's never done anything for me to be honest. Dave Matthews Band is good, Ants Marching is more of a "fun" song for me.

Peter Mulvey. Acoustic guitar. Check him out.

You probably never heard of him.
I had not! Any specific song recommendations for my current mood?

Wintergatan
Hmm... I can dig it.

maybe check some specific tunes from Sithu?, some of his that really makes me feel great are Hypatia, 26, Grand Unification, Double Helix and Aventure Over
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/ge...ting-happy-music-d-seeking-help-tone-3-a.html
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/general-music-discussion/229984-looking-prog-like.html
Listened to a couple of those tracks. On the right track feel-wise, so that's good. Thanks for the links!

I notice most of the bands I've :yesway:'d so far have been on the lighter side, but I'm not disposed against heavier recommendations. Something like Alcest wouldn't go amiss, I've had a couple of their songs on lately. Also the more material that fits the bill the better, I tend to spin full albums.

Ikiharmaa

It's all white.
Reaction score
I notice most of the bands I've :yesway:'d so far have been on the lighter side, but I'm not disposed against heavier recommendations. Something like Alcest wouldn't go amiss, I've had a couple of their songs on lately. Also the more material that fits the bill the better, I tend to spin full albums.

To me Alcest has a lot of the same vibes as found in post-rock, and since you seemed to like Maybeshewill as well I figure you might dig something like This Will Destroy You. It's not super up beat I guess.. I kinda think the music is similar to Alcest in that it doesn't necessarily say "happy" even if it is very happy sounding to me.

I've found somewhat similar feeling in Omnium Gatherum's album New World Shadows. It's like polished happy melodeath. The newest album has a lot of the same qualities too though, but not as constant with the happiness perhaps. It's hard to say, you'll need to check it out yourself and decide whether you like it or not.

Envy - Recitation is another album I find really really happy too, if you don't mind screamo/post-rock hybrid.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't tell Dave by Dance Gavin Dance has been a staple in every upbeat party music playlist I've made in the last 3 or so years. Most of the songs of their "Happiness" album fall into a similar category. I'm not usually into that style (post-hardcore?) but something about that album makes me want to bounce of walls and take shots with random people :lol:

Nats

Reaction score
Listen to some smooth R&B. All those love makin' songs you find on compilations sold through infomercials at 2am. They leave you feelin' sexy and happy. "Oooooh Yeaaaaah" - Barry White voice.

TIMEwaveXERO

Reaction score
This is something totally different. But after closing your eyes and listening to this .. you always..always! come out feeling.. inspired. I've posted this on the site somewhere before.

ilyti

Lazy Ryebread Viking
Reaction score
You might like this:

Not sure about this, but why not, but these always make me happy

(You can never have enough Turisas)

Latest posts

')