Recommend me studio monitors at $300-400

• Thread starter sear
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Ahahaha, good luck finding that price.

I bought mine for exactly $411.15 from Amazon 2 weeks ago, brand new. Many other retailers were blowing them out for similar prices, including B&H, which was even cheaper for a used pair in excellent condition. It's quite likely that if anyone has some left, they'll be offered at a significant discount.

Also, while I agree with the guys saying low end can get out of hand with big speakers in an untreated room, I think if I were to do it over again from the beginning, I'd go for bigger speakers, still. Unless the natural frequency response of your small speakers are somehow into the low 50Hz range, I'd rather have more bass, and learn to mix with them in my room, than not be able to hear anything down there at all. Sure, you can supplement with headphones, but I've often found with inexperienced engineers, this to make you second guess your overall mix and make worse decisions than you would if your monitors could effectively cover a full range of the spectrum. There's always a trade off though, you need to do a lot of research and get speakers with a very flat low end, as apposed to hyped lows, because the low end will affect the imaging of your mids significantly if there's inherently too much coming out of the speakers to begin with.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sear

Reaction score
I bought mine for exactly $411.15 from Amazon 2 weeks ago, brand new. Many other retailers were blowing them out for similar prices, including B&H, which was even cheaper for a used pair in excellent condition. It's quite likely that if anyone has some left, they'll be offered at a significant discount.
Nope.

Also: not everyone lives in the United States and has access to crazy Amazon deals.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
I have the mackie mr5 mki, they are really nice,

I use them for all of my computer listening, ie games music and movies. A lot of monitors won't be great at mixing and normal listening, the Mackies certainly are.

')