Recommendations for Tele pickups please?

progmetaldan

Reaction score
I'm looking for a pickup to fit the neck of my new Cole Clark 'Culprit III' (hollowbody tele), preferably hum-cancelling, and to give me a great jazz/fusion sound... Anyone have any recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Check out the SD Little 59 ST59-1b single coil sized 'bucker perhaps, since the output is fairly moderate compared to the Hot Rails/Hot Stack and with the tone knob rolled off should give some fairly good jazzy tones.
For a non hum canceling pickup, the Alnico II Pro single coil is a good bet, since I have had the stratocaster equivalent and found it to be a bit warmer and middier than most single coils.

frank falbo

Reaction score
Actually we just released the Hot Rails for Tele Rhythm pickup that sounds exactly like what you're asking for.

progmetaldan

Reaction score
^ Does it fit into the lipstick style pickup slot? Sounds interesting.

I've looked at the Seymour Duncan Progressive Quarter Pound pickup, which seems like it would have the right sound, but I don't think its hum-cancelling?

frank falbo

Reaction score
The QP is a single coil. If that's one of the sounds you like, then this pickup is right for you. It fits in the regular tele neck spot.