Recommended 8 string Bands? (besides meshuggah)

• Thread starter TridentChaos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can you recommend me some good 8 string bands out there both rock or
otherwise? cheers big ears!

:nlb:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
The Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza, Ion DIssonance, After The Burial, Deftones newest album, Animals As Leaders.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
A) I'm pretty sure there's been several threads about this

B) Shouldn't this go in general music discussion?

C) +1 to AAL and Deftones' latest album. Steve Carpenter is the reason I constantly GAS for another 8-string

kylendm

Electrical Mercenary
Reaction score
I second After the Burial. Saw them live and listen to their music ALL THE TIME. Good shit.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
Ignite The Ibex, Tesseract, Entrosolet, new Whitechapel album features 2 songs that feature an 8 string.

sh4z

Reaction score
Ignite The Ibex, Tesseract, Entrosolet, new Whitechapel album features 2 songs that feature an 8 string.

Some awesome new bands to check out :D &Whitechapel; I didn't realize they had a new one out! Cheers! :metal:

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Meshuggah. :cool:

...and I'm gonna mention Mnemic here. Granted, they tune down to F# on sevens, they're one of the few bands that use low tunings in anger, crafting whole songs around the low string... as opposed to a sprinkling here & there, or "It's time to drop to the low string for the breakdown". :yesway:

Latest posts

')