Recommended 8 string Bands? (besides meshuggah)

• Thread starter TridentChaos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FrostyTheDroMan

Reaction score
MESHUGGAH will always reign supreme in my book :hbang:

...but also check out Bulb, Chimp Spanner, Animals As Leaders, TesseracT, Uneven Structure, worC, Danza, Tyrant of Death, Fear Factory.

Fredrik Thordendal of Meshuggah has a solo project called Special Defects, no 8-strings used but fuck, its Fredrik, he can do no wrong :shred:

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking of Vildjharta, does anyone know where to purchase their music at?... I searched iTunes and Amazon music but no results.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
MESHUGGAH will always reign supreme in my book :hbang:

...but also check out Bulb, Chimp Spanner, Animals As Leaders, TesseracT, Uneven Structure, worC, Danza, Tyrant of Death, Fear Factory.

Fredrik Thordendal of Meshuggah has a solo project called Special Defects, no 8-strings used but fuck, its Fredrik, he can do no wrong :shred:

Except, as has been said before in this very thread, Bulb doesn't use the 8 much, he has one, but AFAIK hasn't written a full song with it, yet. And TesseracT don't use 8s, they use 7s. Low tuning =/= 8-strings in use.

Also, Fredrik is working on another Special Defects album and is using his 8s. :yesway:

Speaking of Vildjharta, does anyone know where to purchase their music at?... I searched iTunes and Amazon music but no results.

I think you just have to search around on youtube for them. They also have Shiver and Don't Fail Me Now (Lady Luck) up for download on their myspace, last I checked.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
I think you just have to search around on youtube for them. They also have Shiver and Don't Fail Me Now (Lady Luck) up for download on their myspace, last I checked

YouTube downloader to the rescue?

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score

Only thing about YouTube downloader that I don't like is that it when you select the output to mp3 and select high quality is that it outputs it at 128k, lame.

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
It is a custom shop guitar. He actually bought it off of this forum.

I thought so... I never knew BC Rich to make a production Ironbird 7, even though they did every other shape BUT that one. And I was still guessing a custom shop axe, but wanted to be sure. It's still cool as fuck!!!

BlackStar7

Lord Autumnbottom
Reaction score
What's the deal with Vildjharta? they seem pretty sick but I can't really find much info on them. I heard they've got an album coming out this year...?

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy fuck, Portal are AWESOME!

Van Heezey

Reaction score
If only I could find that clock-looking thing the vocalist from Portal is wearing. I want it so bad.

Doesn't CiLiCe use 8's?

baryton

Reaction score
Can I Talk about my Band SPHERES? :scratch:

It's an instrumental band between death metal and everything in music and we play with 8 strings guitars ^^

If someone wants to put ears on it, it's here

Thank you all

')