Recorded vocals with u47/neve clone. The song is now complete

• Thread starter sol niger 333
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tyrant

Reaction score
Me likes very much, you make some good shit dude. Keep it up :D

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
the guitars have this "resonance" sound to it. don´t know how else to describe it. anyways, that resonance kinda "closes" the focus of the sound, making it a bit harder to hear exactly what´s going on. try giving the guitars a bit more mids, maybe a bit more highs (but not in the sibilant fizzy frequency range, of course)

the kick could be more present. right now there´s just a thin little part of the "clickyness" that comes through, maybe give it a nice gentle bump in the 2-3 khz range, just to let it out more.

then you could probably give the vocals a little more high end presence, just to liven things up.

also, none of these things are needed at all, as it sounds awesome. it´s just what i would´ve done if someone handed me the mix :p

love it, man! you have some quality sounding stuff going on! :)

Crescent2k6

Reaction score
Sick song!

Only things i can think of is that the guitars definitely sound a little "open" for lack of a better word. Maybe a bit less of a scoop and a boost around the 2200hz range for a little more body to the sound. Other than that love it!

Zand3

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
I don't know about the other guys, but I think vocals could be louder so that you could really hear the tone of the voice more. Otherwise, it's amazing.

Fred

Reaction score
Yeah, basically - a touch more mids on the rhythms and a touch more volume on the vox and you're sorted! Sounds fucking good otherwise, awesome tune.

sol niger 333

I like stuff
Reaction score
What are you using for your master compression Nig. :p

Just the nomad compressor in nuendo. I actually dont have any mastering software so I just slam it in nuendo before I bounce it out. I know its making it sound a bit retarded. What would you recommend? I uploaded a better mix with less bass but its still sounding a bit weird.

the guitars have this "resonance" sound to it. don´t know how else to describe it. anyways, that resonance kinda "closes" the focus of the sound, making it a bit harder to hear exactly what´s going on. try giving the guitars a bit more mids, maybe a bit more highs (but not in the sibilant fizzy frequency range, of course)

the kick could be more present. right now there´s just a thin little part of the "clickyness" that comes through, maybe give it a nice gentle bump in the 2-3 khz range, just to let it out more.

then you could probably give the vocals a little more high end presence, just to liven things up.

also, none of these things are needed at all, as it sounds awesome. it´s just what i would´ve done if someone handed me the mix :p

love it, man! you have some quality sounding stuff going on! :)

Thanks dude!! I adjusted the guitars mids to taste. Not sure what HZ I adjusted but I just moved the bump till the guitars popped a little more. Thanks for the tip. :wavey:

I don't know about the other guys, but I think vocals could be louder so that you could really hear the tone of the voice more. Otherwise, it's amazing.

I agree. Have turned them up a bit. I'm just embarrassed of the sound of my own voice so I probably shouldn't mix my music haha.

')