Recording gear

• Thread starter Norskfaen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Norskfaen

Reaction score
After fidelig ALOT i need some help on recording gear. I have decided to do a full revamp:p

I have a pretty big budget.

I am ordering a Axe FX, and i wonder these questions

1" What are reccomended computer specs to do high quality recodrings, and also what other gear will i need than the ae fx? Can i just plug it direclty into the comp? or do i need a soundcard? In that case what 1

Tips would be appricated, i am pretty new at recording.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
After fidelig ALOT i need some help on recording gear. I have decided to do a full revamp:p

I have a pretty big budget.

I am ordering a Axe FX, and i wonder these questions

1" What are reccomended computer specs to do high quality recodrings, and also what other gear will i need than the ae fx? Can i just plug it direclty into the comp? or do i need a soundcard? In that case what 1

Tips would be appricated, i am pretty new at recording.

If your computer has digital in, then yes, you can plug straight in.

If not, find an audio interface or sound card. Either will have plenty of options, M-Audio Fast tracks are pretty popular.

Computer Specs? Plenty of ram at least 4 gigs, quad core, >3ghz, at least 1tb HDD, more HDD room is never bad, I have an internal and external.

PC or Mac? The Mac Pro towers are pretty fucking epic, can get like 16 gigs of ram, an amazing graphics card, all kinds of bells and whistles.

I am PC :fawk: I run Cubase with system link, so for me, I have a couple decent comps, nothing over 1k, and I use VST system link so one computer handles all my vsti and another handles all vst, and the master runs anything I can't pawn off on the others. Only downside is when one comp goes down, as one of mine did (don't penny pinch on HDDs :lol:), you run slower than used to, and now I am frustrated slightly, like going from t1 to dial up.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
If your computer has digital in, then yes, you can plug straight in.

If not, find an audio interface or sound card. Either will have plenty of options, M-Audio Fast tracks are pretty popular.

Computer Specs? Plenty of ram at least 4 gigs, quad core, >3ghz, at least 1tb HDD, more HDD room is never bad, I have an internal and external.

PC or Mac? The Mac Pro towers are pretty fucking epic, can get like 16 gigs of ram, an amazing graphics card, all kinds of bells and whistles.

I am PC :fawk: I run Cubase with system link, so for me, I have a couple decent comps, nothing over 1k, and I use VST system link so one computer handles all my vsti and another handles all vst, and the master runs anything I can't pawn off on the others. Only downside is when one comp goes down, as one of mine did (don't penny pinch on HDDs :lol:), you run slower than used to, and now I am frustrated slightly, like going from t1 to dial up.

wow, i need to hang out with you for a day, im in cinci lol.:bowdown:

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
wow, i need to hang out with you for a day, im in cinci lol.:bowdown:

Cinci scares me :lol: Brother is down there for rehab, so really, the most I have ever seen of Cinci is Clifton, MLK, and I once saw a glimpse of over the Rhine.

I will probably have to go mac soon, I am trying to go to capital/Recording workshop, so who knows!

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
is he at the talbert house? i technically live in reading. its a historic suburb lol.

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
Word, I think so, that the one between highland and burnet right? I think I hav ended up over around your neck of the woods, he was directing me where to go, but I went the wrong way picking him up and ended up in what appeared to be a nice neighborhood :p

If I ever get free from work and school, perhaps we could make some metalz XD

amadeus

Reaction score
I have a Presonus Fire Studio Project, its pretty good on the quality end, other then that if your going Pc Go for a RME FireFace 400 or 800, Amazing DA AD Converters and pre amps

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
CPU isn't too much of an issue, really, unless you buy a pentium II. You WILL need buckets of RAM though, some VSTs use a lot, not talking about Superior Drummer 2.0 whose sets can sometimes reach 1.5Gb of memory use. 4Gb is a minimum but I don't think you'll find lots of PCs with less nowadays. Go for 8 with a 64 bit windows system, which means, make sure the sound card/interface you will use has 64 bit drivers or at least has 64 bit compliant 32 bit drivers.
Most of the current offerings should be ok but I've had a bad history of realising the item X I wanted to buy was the one in hundreds that didn't work in whatever setup I'm using at the moment.

Latest posts

')