Recording help

• Thread starter GSingleton
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GSingleton

Sleep on, Fly on
Vendor
Reaction score
I have both a 6 and 7 string, but I want to start recording things. I only have a laptop but have access to a music lab with all iMacs. I have a Line 6 spider IV 75 watt amp, which includes a pod quality line out. What can I use to plug it up to a computer and record songs/riffs etc? What type of cable and program would I need. I have cubase, but I have no idea how to actually use it. The iMacs of course have garage band.

Any info and links are appreciated. I really need to record myself for practicing and hopefully some recitals.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ThisWorldIsOurs

Reaction score
Well you need to have an audio interface to connect the line 6 to in order for the signal to get to the computer.

line 6 amp,Interface,computer. Firewire interfaces are the way to go if you have the ports for it.

GSingleton

Sleep on, Fly on
Vendor
Reaction score
Well I figured the amp would be able to do that?

Is There not just a guitar to USB cable I could use?

ThisWorldIsOurs

Reaction score
Yeah I think behringer makes something like that but you'd be better off spending like 60 more dollars and not getting something that is completely subpar

ThisWorldIsOurs

Reaction score
yeah dude those are awesome thats actually the first interface I had and it did everything I wanted it to! Good luck man

richardgstudios

Metal Head
Reaction score
Same here, started out with the firewire solo, had some bugs but was good for what it was worth. Good Luck!

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
If your laptop has firewire, do it up. If you still want to be able to record with your laptop, and it doesn't, find a fast track, Craigslist is usually filled with them.

GSingleton

Sleep on, Fly on
Vendor
Reaction score
new problem...I dont have a firewire port on my laptop. I need a way to switch it to a USB (Adapter/converter/etc.) Links are appreciated. Returning my solo isn't an option.

GSingleton

Sleep on, Fly on
Vendor
Reaction score
well...just by looking at it, it doesnt. so any cables I could get?

I am gonna try to send it back and get a fast track, but since it was a deal I doubt I can.

')